Sound Blaster Live Drive compatability

Parm

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2003
Hi,

My old PC had the Sound Blaster 5.1 Platinum, a very nice sound card and a really useful drive bay which I used for headphones.
I've just put together my new PC and have used the Audigy 2 ZS as my sound card.
Would the live drive from my old card be compatable with the new card?

Thanks,
Parm

~~There is no path to peace. Peace is the path.~~

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I know for sure the LiveDrive2 works with the Audigy, and I've looked at the Audigy2, it seems to have the same pin arrangement so it should work fine.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

kTaz

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2004
Same question ...I have a SB Live drive from a Live! Platinum 5.1 does anyone know whether the AUDIGY 2 ZS will plug into it?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Probably, it's at least worth a try.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
No it will not. The pinouts on the Audigy 2 are completely different then the Live! & Audigy 1.

Creative has not yet published the pinouts for the Audigy 2 cards, and so far no one has been able to figure it out.

There are threads at driverheaven.net & <A HREF="http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=268106" target="_new">overclockers.com</A> working on this.

*Dual PIII-800 @900 i440BX and Tualeron 1.2 @1.74 i815*