Can not open wdb files in XP

I recently did a clean install of XP. Not knowing just exactly what I wanted
to keep I sent everything to the round file. I have some information saved
to floppies and tried
to open the files, and get the following. Windows cannot open this file.
Does anyone make a program that will allow me to open these files? Does
Microsoft make a converter to use them in Word?

McNary61
3 answers Last reply
More about open files

    What program was used to create them?
    That is the program you need.
    As for a converter, you never listed the originating program, check with the
    programs manufacturer.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

    "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

    > What program was used to create them?
    > That is the program you need.
    > As for a converter, you never listed the originating program, check with the
    > programs manufacturer.
    >
    > --
    > Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    > http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
    > In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
    > http://www.dts-l.org
    >

    > "McNary61" <McNary61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I recently did a clean install of XP. Not knowing just exactly what I
    > >wanted
    > > to keep I sent everything to the round file. I have some information
    > > saved
    > > to floppies and tried
    > > to open the files, and get the following. Windows cannot open this file.
    > > Does anyone make a program that will allow me to open these files? Does
    > > Microsoft make a converter to use them in Word?
    > >
    > > McNary61
    >
    >Sorry Jupiter Jones, They are Microsoft works database files. I thought about that about an hour ago. I will give Microsoft Access a try as per Jon's suggests in another resopnse. I will try to present more information in the future. Thanks.
    McNary61

    If they are Microsoft Works databases, then use Microsoft Access to open
    them up, and then save in a different format eg mdb

    Jon

    "McNary61" <McNary61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently did a clean install of XP. Not knowing just exactly what I
    >wanted
    > to keep I sent everything to the round file. I have some information
    > saved
    > to floppies and tried
    > to open the files, and get the following. Windows cannot open this file.
    > Does anyone make a program that will allow me to open these files? Does
    > Microsoft make a converter to use them in Word?
    >
    > McNary61

Clean Install Microsoft Windows XP