Can not open wdb files in XP

June 8, 2005 3:26:03 PM

I recently did a clean install of XP. Not knowing just exactly what I wanted
to keep I sent everything to the round file. I have some information saved
to floppies and tried
to open the files, and get the following. Windows cannot open this file.
Does anyone make a program that will allow me to open these files? Does
Microsoft make a converter to use them in Word?

McNary61

More about : open wdb files

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 4:32:14 PM

What program was used to create them?
That is the program you need.
As for a converter, you never listed the originating program, check with the
programs manufacturer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"McNary61" <McNary61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently did a clean install of XP. Not knowing just exactly what I
>wanted
> to keep I sent everything to the round file. I have some information
> saved
> to floppies and tried
> to open the files, and get the following. Windows cannot open this file.
> Does anyone make a program that will allow me to open these files? Does
> Microsoft make a converter to use them in Word?
>
> McNary61
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:03:02 PM

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> What program was used to create them?
> That is the program you need.
> As for a converter, you never listed the originating program, check with the
> programs manufacturer.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "McNary61" <McNary61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently did a clean install of XP. Not knowing just exactly what I
> >wanted
> > to keep I sent everything to the round file. I have some information
> > saved
> > to floppies and tried
> > to open the files, and get the following. Windows cannot open this file.
> > Does anyone make a program that will allow me to open these files? Does
> > Microsoft make a converter to use them in Word?
> >
> > McNary61
>
>Sorry Jupiter Jones, They are Microsoft works database files. I thought about that about an hour ago. I will give Microsoft Access a try as per Jon's suggests in another resopnse. I will try to present more information in the future. Thanks.
McNary61
June 8, 2005 11:38:30 PM

If they are Microsoft Works databases, then use Microsoft Access to open
them up, and then save in a different format eg mdb

Jon

!