Wireless mouse question

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
I was wondering something the other day. Would it be possible to have a wired mouse (ps2 or usb) and have a wireless mouse going at the same time?

Here's the situation I'd like to see happen. I can be on my computer typing away, doing the usual thing (with a wired mouse.) I'd like to be able to open something up while lying on my bed with a wireless mouse.

Could these 2 coexist? Could me and my roomate have mousefights? (where we both have control over the mouse at the same time)

This'll be freaking cool as hell if it works, lemme know if you have any thoughts on this

It's all good ^_^

kinetic_tw

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
Why dont you just get a wireless mouse so you can use it on the desk or across the room.

And what the hell would you want to have a 'mouse fight' for?!

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
The thing is, my optical mouse I have now is perfect. I don't really want a wireless mouse because of the whole charging aspect. And I don't want to have a 'mouse fight,' I was just asking if that would happen or if I'd be required to switch it somehow, lol

I'll probably cave sometime and buy a wireless one

It's all good ^_^

namek0

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
My bad, I'm not being very clear. I'm wondering if I can have a usb mouse and a ps2 mouse plugged in at the same time, and have both able to work at the same time.

I remember a long time ago that a ps2 and a serial mouse could do this

It's all good ^_^