Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 Live,com email problems

Last response: in Windows 7
March 7, 2010 9:03:30 AM

I have Windows 7 and Live mail up and running on my new computer. I have Windows XP with MS Outlook Express on my old computer. Is there a way (step-by-step procedures, please) to transfer my old saved MS Outlook Express mail on my old computer to my new Live.com mail account on the web?
Also is there any free mail software I can get to have on my new computer to which I can download the mail from Live.com or the original mail source (myname@cfl.rr.com)
Finally, if I send mail from Live.com, how do I have the sending information say myname@cfl.rr.com, not mynamee@live,com.
Thanks for your help
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2010 11:47:49 AM

I'm not sure if you can transfer a pst file to a general pop3 service like livemail or not. But you can get the pst data file by going to account settings, data file (tab), and then open file location.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2010 12:03:49 PM

Outlook Express doesn't use a pst file. You can transfer the OE files (dbx) to Windows 7 and import them into Windows Live Mail. You can also add your Roadrunner account as well.

P.S. You might want to remove your email address from your post unless you're fond of SPAM.
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2010 2:15:28 AM

Quote:
Outlook Express doesn't use a pst file. You can transfer the OE files (dbx) to Windows 7 and import them into Windows Live Mail. You can also add your Roadrunner account as well.

P.S. You might want to remove your email address from your post unless you're fond of SPAM.

I know where on the old computer c-drive the dbx files are stored and I can "bring" them to my new computer using a memory stick, but if I am on my new computer how do I get Live.com mail to upload this memory stick dbx file to the Live account which is on the web? If you know please tell me step-byu-step what to do. General statements lose me.

Also, how do I give my outgoing new mails from Live.com the appearance that they came from my BrightHouse account so if someone responds to the Live.com mail they will send it to my Bright House email account?

You mentioned that my Bright House email and/or my Live.com email address was visible to all on this site.How? Where? How do I make it not visible?

Thanks for your help.
m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 8, 2010 9:48:26 AM

Did you install Windows Live Mail?
m
l
March 8, 2010 10:31:30 AM

where? On the new computer -- yes.
On the old computer (which I am on now) -- no
m
l

Best solution

Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
March 8, 2010 10:52:19 AM

OK, on the new computer, start Windows Live Mail, Click on the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. From there you can Import your Messages as well as your Address Book. You can also add all you email accounts. Set the Reply To address to which ever email account you want.
March 9, 2010 1:22:08 AM

It worked!!! Thanks many times over
m
l
March 16, 2010 11:49:06 AM

Best answer selected by wniehaus.
m
l
!