Need help with Samurai character

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 1, 2005 6:22:48 AM

Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
points to do this character right IMHO.

At this time I have her at;
Swords 110.3 can go to 115
Focus 100.4 can go to 110
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Bushido 91.7
Healing 87.0
Parrying 75.4
Chivalry 50.8 for travel

I would love to have resist, but where would I put it?
They have added skills, combined required skills but never
raised the skill limit.

Unlike Magic and Chivalry, Bushido and Necromancy has no
"travel/recall" ability, therefore you need an extra 50 or so points
to travel around.
Unlike Chivalry and Necromancy, Bushido has no healing ability, so
healing in a necessity. I know people have talked about Anatomy and
Tactics not being necessary, but I disagree, I can see a big
difference in damage with them at gm level or better.

Do I drop Parrying, and give myself 50 or so resist, or keep Parrying
at 50 or so, and finish off the swords, focus, healing and Bushido?
I can do some of that with charms.

I wonder what numb-nuts thought up this s&*% but did not think
of raising the skill point level. They just keep adding stuff without
changing the base. Crafts are just as bad now. A smith needs
mining to smelt, a miner needs tinkering to make shovels, now
a smith needs tailoring to repair or enhance the new fans, and
carpentry to make forges and anvils, and a tailor needs carpentry
to make add-on's along with tinkering and magic for pentagrams,
and other house add-on's, and music for music instruments.

We really need an 800 base, but I would take 750 if I could just
get it. They gave "vets" an extra 20 with AOS, but 20 does not
help much.

Ok, what do I give up? I need some advice here.

Ice

More about : samurai character

Anonymous
January 1, 2005 4:19:47 PM

Ice wrote:
> Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
> points to do this character right IMHO.
>
> At this time I have her at;
> Swords 110.3 can go to 115
> Focus 100.4 can go to 110
> Anatomy 100
> Tactics 100
> Bushido 91.7
> Healing 87.0
> Parrying 75.4
> Chivalry 50.8 for travel
I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :

Sword: 103.5 , shall go to 110
Tactics 101.9 , shall go to 110
Parry 100 , locked
Anatomy 93 , shall go to 100
Focus 92,7 , shall go to 100
Bushido 87,2 , I might take this up to 120, havent decided yet
Chivalry 80 , locked

With this, I get no Magic resistance, but I can clean myself from some
curses and stuff with Chivalry , so it will have to do.
I heal with Confidence (Bushido) and Chivalry, and I use exclusively
Mana leech weapons. He's a real killer :-) He can take down 2 Ogre Lords
simultaniously without too much trouble using a combo of Chivalry stuff
and Bushido tricks, and dont forget to Honor the monster :-), and
Dragons are pretty easy too.

Hope this helps some anyway. Good luck.

/ZW
January 1, 2005 5:06:51 PM

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:19:47 +0100, ZoombyWoof
<zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

>Ice wrote:
>> Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
>> points to do this character right IMHO.
>>
>> At this time I have her at;
>> Swords 110.3 can go to 115
>> Focus 100.4 can go to 110
>> Anatomy 100
>> Tactics 100
>> Bushido 91.7
>> Healing 87.0
>> Parrying 75.4
>> Chivalry 50.8 for travel
>I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
>Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
>I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :

I do not think I could give up the healing. The Bushido-Confidence is
not that good, and I would have to use valuable mana to use it, same
with the Chivalry healing. She only has 30 Int, 38 with charms. I
really like the high Str and Dex, so I want to save mana for moves.

My Paladin has no Parry, and I can not see her doing much worse
than the Samurai with 75.4. Has anyone tested this on the Test
shard?

>Sword: 103.5 , shall go to 110
>Tactics 101.9 , shall go to 110
>Parry 100 , locked
>Anatomy 93 , shall go to 100
>Focus 92,7 , shall go to 100
>Bushido 87,2 , I might take this up to 120, havent decided yet
>Chivalry 80 , locked
>
>With this, I get no Magic resistance, but I can clean myself from some
>curses and stuff with Chivalry , so it will have to do.
>I heal with Confidence (Bushido) and Chivalry, and I use exclusively
>Mana leech weapons. He's a real killer :-) He can take down 2 Ogre Lords
>simultaniously without too much trouble using a combo of Chivalry stuff
>and Bushido tricks, and dont forget to Honor the monster :-), and
>Dragons are pretty easy too.
>
>Hope this helps some anyway. Good luck.
>
>/ZW

January 1, 2005 7:08:54 PM

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 14:06:51 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:19:47 +0100, ZoombyWoof
><zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Ice wrote:
>>> Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
>>> points to do this character right IMHO.
>>>
>>> At this time I have her at;
>>> Swords 110.3 can go to 115
>>> Focus 100.4 can go to 110
>>> Anatomy 100
>>> Tactics 100
>>> Bushido 91.7
>>> Healing 87.0
>>> Parrying 75.4
>>> Chivalry 50.8 for travel
>>I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
>>Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
>>I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :
>>
>I do not think I could give up the healing. The Bushido-Confidence is
>not that good, and I would have to use valuable mana to use it, same
>with the Chivalry healing. She only has 30 Int, 38 with charms. I
>really like the high Str and Dex, so I want to save mana for moves.
>
>My Paladin has no Parry, and I can not see her doing much worse
>than the Samurai with 75.4. Has anyone tested this on the Test
>shard?

I wouldn't give up Parry with a samurai. They get a big bonus for
using 2 handed weapons if they have parry right?

Could you drop focus down to 60 or 80 or do you really use that much
mana when you fight?

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 2:02:29 AM

Ice wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:19:47 +0100, ZoombyWoof
> <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Ice wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
>>>points to do this character right IMHO.
>>>
>>>At this time I have her at;
>>>Swords 110.3 can go to 115
>>>Focus 100.4 can go to 110
>>>Anatomy 100
>>>Tactics 100
>>>Bushido 91.7
>>>Healing 87.0
>>>Parrying 75.4
>>>Chivalry 50.8 for travel
>>
>>I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
>>Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
>>I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :
>>

> I do not think I could give up the healing. The Bushido-Confidence is
> not that good, and I would have to use valuable mana to use it, same
> with the Chivalry healing. She only has 30 Int, 38 with charms. I
> really like the high Str and Dex, so I want to save mana for moves.
>
> My Paladin has no Parry, and I can not see her doing much worse
> than the Samurai with 75.4. Has anyone tested this on the Test
> shard?
I would not give up parry with a samuraj...and the thing with mana being
used for healing, is to only use mana leech weapons.

>>Sword: 103.5 , shall go to 110
>>Tactics 101.9 , shall go to 110
>>Parry 100 , locked
>>Anatomy 93 , shall go to 100
>>Focus 92,7 , shall go to 100
>>Bushido 87,2 , I might take this up to 120, havent decided yet
>>Chivalry 80 , locked
>>
>>With this, I get no Magic resistance, but I can clean myself from some
>>curses and stuff with Chivalry , so it will have to do.
>>I heal with Confidence (Bushido) and Chivalry, and I use exclusively
>>Mana leech weapons. He's a real killer :-) He can take down 2 Ogre Lords
>>simultaniously without too much trouble using a combo of Chivalry stuff
>>and Bushido tricks, and dont forget to Honor the monster :-), and
>>Dragons are pretty easy too.
>>
>>Hope this helps some anyway. Good luck.
>>
>>/ZW

Anonymous
January 2, 2005 2:47:54 PM

Ice wrote:

> Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
> points to do this character right IMHO.
>
> At this time I have her at;
> Swords 110.3 can go to 115
> Focus 100.4 can go to 110
> Anatomy 100
> Tactics 100
> Bushido 91.7
> Healing 87.0
> Parrying 75.4
> Chivalry 50.8 for travel
>
> I would love to have resist, but where would I put it?
> They have added skills, combined required skills but never
> raised the skill limit.
>
> Unlike Magic and Chivalry, Bushido and Necromancy has no
> "travel/recall" ability, therefore you need an extra 50 or so points
> to travel around.

It's now possible to use a filled runebook without any skill in
Magery/Chivalry, so you could drop Chivalry if you have it only for that
reason.

Torsten
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 10:21:58 PM

Anat and tacts add good hits to your weps.
80 healing may do the trick cuz with 100 anat your healing is is in + mode
do you need 50+ in chiv for travel, i though it was 30?

!