Need help with Samurai character

Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
points to do this character right IMHO.

At this time I have her at;
Swords 110.3 can go to 115
Focus 100.4 can go to 110
Anatomy 100
Tactics 100
Bushido 91.7
Healing 87.0
Parrying 75.4
Chivalry 50.8 for travel

I would love to have resist, but where would I put it?
They have added skills, combined required skills but never
raised the skill limit.

Unlike Magic and Chivalry, Bushido and Necromancy has no
"travel/recall" ability, therefore you need an extra 50 or so points
to travel around.
Unlike Chivalry and Necromancy, Bushido has no healing ability, so
healing in a necessity. I know people have talked about Anatomy and
Tactics not being necessary, but I disagree, I can see a big
difference in damage with them at gm level or better.

Do I drop Parrying, and give myself 50 or so resist, or keep Parrying
at 50 or so, and finish off the swords, focus, healing and Bushido?
I can do some of that with charms.

I wonder what numb-nuts thought up this s&*% but did not think
of raising the skill point level. They just keep adding stuff without
changing the base. Crafts are just as bad now. A smith needs
mining to smelt, a miner needs tinkering to make shovels, now
a smith needs tailoring to repair or enhance the new fans, and
carpentry to make forges and anvils, and a tailor needs carpentry
to make add-on's along with tinkering and magic for pentagrams,
and other house add-on's, and music for music instruments.

We really need an 800 base, but I would take 750 if I could just
get it. They gave "vets" an extra 20 with AOS, but 20 does not
help much.

Ok, what do I give up? I need some advice here.

Ice
6 answers Last reply
More about need samurai character
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:
    > Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
    > points to do this character right IMHO.
    >
    > At this time I have her at;
    > Swords 110.3 can go to 115
    > Focus 100.4 can go to 110
    > Anatomy 100
    > Tactics 100
    > Bushido 91.7
    > Healing 87.0
    > Parrying 75.4
    > Chivalry 50.8 for travel
    I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
    Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
    I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :

    Sword: 103.5 , shall go to 110
    Tactics 101.9 , shall go to 110
    Parry 100 , locked
    Anatomy 93 , shall go to 100
    Focus 92,7 , shall go to 100
    Bushido 87,2 , I might take this up to 120, havent decided yet
    Chivalry 80 , locked

    With this, I get no Magic resistance, but I can clean myself from some
    curses and stuff with Chivalry , so it will have to do.
    I heal with Confidence (Bushido) and Chivalry, and I use exclusively
    Mana leech weapons. He's a real killer :-) He can take down 2 Ogre Lords
    simultaniously without too much trouble using a combo of Chivalry stuff
    and Bushido tricks, and dont forget to Honor the monster :-), and
    Dragons are pretty easy too.

    Hope this helps some anyway. Good luck.

    /ZW
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:19:47 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >Ice wrote:
    >> Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
    >> points to do this character right IMHO.
    >>
    >> At this time I have her at;
    >> Swords 110.3 can go to 115
    >> Focus 100.4 can go to 110
    >> Anatomy 100
    >> Tactics 100
    >> Bushido 91.7
    >> Healing 87.0
    >> Parrying 75.4
    >> Chivalry 50.8 for travel
    >I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
    >Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
    >I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :

    I do not think I could give up the healing. The Bushido-Confidence is
    not that good, and I would have to use valuable mana to use it, same
    with the Chivalry healing. She only has 30 Int, 38 with charms. I
    really like the high Str and Dex, so I want to save mana for moves.

    My Paladin has no Parry, and I can not see her doing much worse
    than the Samurai with 75.4. Has anyone tested this on the Test
    shard?

    >Sword: 103.5 , shall go to 110
    >Tactics 101.9 , shall go to 110
    >Parry 100 , locked
    >Anatomy 93 , shall go to 100
    >Focus 92,7 , shall go to 100
    >Bushido 87,2 , I might take this up to 120, havent decided yet
    >Chivalry 80 , locked
    >
    >With this, I get no Magic resistance, but I can clean myself from some
    >curses and stuff with Chivalry , so it will have to do.
    >I heal with Confidence (Bushido) and Chivalry, and I use exclusively
    >Mana leech weapons. He's a real killer :-) He can take down 2 Ogre Lords
    >simultaniously without too much trouble using a combo of Chivalry stuff
    >and Bushido tricks, and dont forget to Honor the monster :-), and
    >Dragons are pretty easy too.
    >
    >Hope this helps some anyway. Good luck.
    >
    >/ZW

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 14:06:51 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

    >On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:19:47 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    ><zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Ice wrote:
    >>> Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
    >>> points to do this character right IMHO.
    >>>
    >>> At this time I have her at;
    >>> Swords 110.3 can go to 115
    >>> Focus 100.4 can go to 110
    >>> Anatomy 100
    >>> Tactics 100
    >>> Bushido 91.7
    >>> Healing 87.0
    >>> Parrying 75.4
    >>> Chivalry 50.8 for travel
    >>I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
    >>Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
    >>I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :
    >>
    >I do not think I could give up the healing. The Bushido-Confidence is
    >not that good, and I would have to use valuable mana to use it, same
    >with the Chivalry healing. She only has 30 Int, 38 with charms. I
    >really like the high Str and Dex, so I want to save mana for moves.
    >
    >My Paladin has no Parry, and I can not see her doing much worse
    >than the Samurai with 75.4. Has anyone tested this on the Test
    >shard?

    I wouldn't give up Parry with a samurai. They get a big bonus for
    using 2 handed weapons if they have parry right?

    Could you drop focus down to 60 or 80 or do you really use that much
    mana when you fight?

    Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:19:47 +0100, ZoombyWoof
    > <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Ice wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
    >>>points to do this character right IMHO.
    >>>
    >>>At this time I have her at;
    >>>Swords 110.3 can go to 115
    >>>Focus 100.4 can go to 110
    >>>Anatomy 100
    >>>Tactics 100
    >>>Bushido 91.7
    >>>Healing 87.0
    >>>Parrying 75.4
    >>>Chivalry 50.8 for travel
    >>
    >>I would skip the healing. You can actually heal yourself with
    >>Bushido-Confidence. And you have Chivalry which can also be used to heal.
    >>I have a samuraj too, he works really well. He looks like this :
    >>

    > I do not think I could give up the healing. The Bushido-Confidence is
    > not that good, and I would have to use valuable mana to use it, same
    > with the Chivalry healing. She only has 30 Int, 38 with charms. I
    > really like the high Str and Dex, so I want to save mana for moves.
    >
    > My Paladin has no Parry, and I can not see her doing much worse
    > than the Samurai with 75.4. Has anyone tested this on the Test
    > shard?
    I would not give up parry with a samuraj...and the thing with mana being
    used for healing, is to only use mana leech weapons.

    >>Sword: 103.5 , shall go to 110
    >>Tactics 101.9 , shall go to 110
    >>Parry 100 , locked
    >>Anatomy 93 , shall go to 100
    >>Focus 92,7 , shall go to 100
    >>Bushido 87,2 , I might take this up to 120, havent decided yet
    >>Chivalry 80 , locked
    >>
    >>With this, I get no Magic resistance, but I can clean myself from some
    >>curses and stuff with Chivalry , so it will have to do.
    >>I heal with Confidence (Bushido) and Chivalry, and I use exclusively
    >>Mana leech weapons. He's a real killer :-) He can take down 2 Ogre Lords
    >>simultaniously without too much trouble using a combo of Chivalry stuff
    >>and Bushido tricks, and dont forget to Honor the monster :-), and
    >>Dragons are pretty easy too.
    >>
    >>Hope this helps some anyway. Good luck.
    >>
    >>/ZW

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Ice wrote:

    > Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
    > points to do this character right IMHO.
    >
    > At this time I have her at;
    > Swords 110.3 can go to 115
    > Focus 100.4 can go to 110
    > Anatomy 100
    > Tactics 100
    > Bushido 91.7
    > Healing 87.0
    > Parrying 75.4
    > Chivalry 50.8 for travel
    >
    > I would love to have resist, but where would I put it?
    > They have added skills, combined required skills but never
    > raised the skill limit.
    >
    > Unlike Magic and Chivalry, Bushido and Necromancy has no
    > "travel/recall" ability, therefore you need an extra 50 or so points
    > to travel around.

    It's now possible to use a filled runebook without any skill in
    Magery/Chivalry, so you could drop Chivalry if you have it only for that
    reason.

    Torsten
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Anat and tacts add good hits to your weps.
    80 healing may do the trick cuz with 100 anat your healing is is in + mode
    do you need 50+ in chiv for travel, i though it was 30?

    "Ice" <nobody@noplace.com> wrote in message

    > Ok, where do I go from here? There is not enough
    > points to do this character right IMHO.
    >
    > At this time I have her at;
    > Swords 110.3 can go to 115
    > Focus 100.4 can go to 110
    > Anatomy 100
    > Tactics 100
    > Bushido 91.7
    > Healing 87.0
    > Parrying 75.4
    > Chivalry 50.8 for travel
    >
    > I would love to have resist, but where would I put it?
    > They have added skills, combined required skills but never
    > raised the skill limit.
    >
    > Unlike Magic and Chivalry, Bushido and Necromancy has no
    > "travel/recall" ability, therefore you need an extra 50 or so points
    > to travel around.
    > Unlike Chivalry and Necromancy, Bushido has no healing ability, so
    > healing in a necessity. I know people have talked about Anatomy and
    > Tactics not being necessary, but I disagree, I can see a big
    > difference in damage with them at gm level or better.
    >
    > Do I drop Parrying, and give myself 50 or so resist, or keep Parrying
    > at 50 or so, and finish off the swords, focus, healing and Bushido?
    > I can do some of that with charms.
    >
    > I wonder what numb-nuts thought up this s&*% but did not think
    > of raising the skill point level. They just keep adding stuff without
    > changing the base. Crafts are just as bad now. A smith needs
    > mining to smelt, a miner needs tinkering to make shovels, now
    > a smith needs tailoring to repair or enhance the new fans, and
    > carpentry to make forges and anvils, and a tailor needs carpentry
    > to make add-on's along with tinkering and magic for pentagrams,
    > and other house add-on's, and music for music instruments.
    >
    > We really need an 800 base, but I would take 750 if I could just
    > get it. They gave "vets" an extra 20 with AOS, but 20 does not
    > help much.
    >
    > Ok, what do I give up? I need some advice here.
    >
    > Ice

Computers Video Games