Orb audio speakers

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
September 23, 2004 4:06:33 AM

I'm researching small speakers packages for under $1,000 a pair and
came across the Orb Audio Mod1 and Mod2 speakers. I found no
professional reviews and few recreational reviews, which were all
spectacular. I'm worried because the information is limited and I'm
new to the complex world of hi-fi. Here's the web site-
www.orbaudio.com - I was hoping someone might provide some thoughts
about the value and quality of these based on the info from the site.
I know it's hard to judge without hearing, but as far as materials go,
and any performance figures published do these look like quality
speakers at a good price? The little I've read really has been great,
but I'm open to suggestions from anyone in the know. These will be
used for surround sound music and home video and I'm using a Pioneer
VSX-1014TX-K 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver to power them.

Thanks,
Dave

More about : orb audio speakers

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 4:42:42 AM

Add my thumbs up to the Orbs...I started with the Classic Two just to
check them out, and have recently upgraded into a full theater system.
with Mod2 in the front channels and Mod1 in the rear. These speakers
have the fullest sound of any sub/sat system I've ever heard, and I
have also had a steady stream of pretty amazed listeners flowing
through my apartment. I had biggger tower speakers before this and
these sound better by a long shot. FWIW, FedEx damaged one of my
packages and their customer service was really easy and nice to deal
with.