mitja

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2005

Very often when I click on the Start button, I find that the "Connect to" link
disappears from the Start menu. When this happens it is enough to close the
Start menu and click on the Start button again. It's very annoying.

Anyone experience the same. Is there a fix for this.

Thanks in advance.

Mitja

Mitja, try rt clicking on Start Button and select
Properties>Customize>Advanced. Scroll down to Network Connections and click
on Display as Connect to Menu. Finally click on Ok, Apply.
"Mitja" <Mitja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Very often when I click on the Start button, I find that the "Connect to"
> link
> disappears from the Start menu. When this happens it is enough to close
> the
> Start menu and click on the Start button again. It's very annoying.
>
> Anyone experience the same. Is there a fix for this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mitja

mitja

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2005

Hi Rich,

I did like you suggested, but the "Display as Connect to menu" was already
selected. The funny part was that I could also click the Appy button despite
the fact no option was changed.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Mitja, try rt clicking on Start Button and select
> Properties>Customize>Advanced. Scroll down to Network Connections and click
> on Display as Connect to Menu. Finally click on Ok, Apply.
> "Mitja" <Mitja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Very often when I click on the Start button, I find that the "Connect to"
> > link
> > disappears from the Start menu. When this happens it is enough to close
> > the
> > Start menu and click on the Start button again. It's very annoying.
> >
> > Anyone experience the same. Is there a fix for this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Mitja

Mitja, does it show up in the left or right (blue)column?
"Mitja" <Mitja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Very often when I click on the Start button, I find that the "Connect to"
> link
> disappears from the Start menu. When this happens it is enough to close
> the
> Start menu and click on the Start button again. It's very annoying.
>
> Anyone experience the same. Is there a fix for this.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Mitja

mitja

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2005

Not sure to understand your question: The "Connect to" link appears in the
right column of Start menu, between "Set Program access and Default" and
"Printers and Faxes, or to say it in a different way below "Set Program
access and Default" link and above "Printers and Faxes" link.

Mitja