6th Character Slot

Last response: in Video Games
January 5, 2005 7:00:17 AM

I'm kind of confused on this. I thought the upgrade, good until January
5th, to a 6th character slot was $2.99. I just checked out the OSI web
site and it is ~$19.95.

Has it always been $19.95? I think I may have been suffering a senior
moment with the $2.99 price tag. Seems kind of high since I could
probably find one cheaper in a discount bin.

Side note: Lost only my 3rd bonded pet since the system came in, a
nightmare on Napa, apparently due to the shard going down New Years Day.
Other two were my factions dude on Napa and one of my characters on SP.
Not bad, but it still stings a bit. Login my character and find them
standing on a boat!

A better way of doing it would be: If a shard goes down to notify people
who were online at the time. I'm sure in Napa's case it was only 200-300
people and the logs would have it. Save those 10,000 valorite ingots you
were about to lock down on your porch anyway.

But just tamed a new and nicer looking nag and only died once. I'll get
over it.

More about : 6th character slot

Anonymous
January 5, 2005 9:45:56 AM

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 04:00:17 GMT, Rick Cortese
<ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I'm kind of confused on this. I thought the upgrade, good until January
>5th, to a 6th character slot was $2.99. I just checked out the OSI web
>site and it is ~$19.95.
>
>Has it always been $19.95? I think I may have been suffering a senior
>moment with the $2.99 price tag. Seems kind of high since I could
>probably find one cheaper in a discount bin.

It's always been 19.95. The only 2 dollar items are the 7th anniversay
gift codes.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
January 5, 2005 11:44:21 AM

"Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> Side note: Lost only my 3rd bonded pet since the system came in, a
> nightmare on Napa, apparently due to the shard going down New Years Day.
> Other two were my factions dude on Napa and one of my characters on SP.
> Not bad, but it still stings a bit. Login my character and find them
> standing on a boat!
>
> A better way of doing it would be: If a shard goes down to notify people
> who were online at the time. I'm sure in Napa's case it was only 200-300
> people and the logs would have it. Save those 10,000 valorite ingots you
> were about to lock down on your porch anyway.
>
> But just tamed a new and nicer looking nag and only died once. I'll get
> over it.

There are still ghosts of pets killed weeks ago wandering around on Europa,
so you might yet meet your old partner!

Archeon
January 5, 2005 1:47:47 PM

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:44:21 -0000, "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net>
wrote:

>"Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Side note: Lost only my 3rd bonded pet since the system came in, a
>> nightmare on Napa, apparently due to the shard going down New Years Day.
>> Other two were my factions dude on Napa and one of my characters on SP.
>> Not bad, but it still stings a bit. Login my character and find them
>> standing on a boat!
>>
>> A better way of doing it would be: If a shard goes down to notify people
>> who were online at the time. I'm sure in Napa's case it was only 200-300
>> people and the logs would have it. Save those 10,000 valorite ingots you
>> were about to lock down on your porch anyway.
>>
>> But just tamed a new and nicer looking nag and only died once. I'll get
>> over it.
>
>There are still ghosts of pets killed weeks ago wandering around on Europa,
>so you might yet meet your old partner!
>
>Archeon

I see pet ghosts all over SE stuck in various forests and what not. It
would be nice if you could help them or something. Or just dispel them
with a silver sword. Something. Anything! For the love of God, we need
to do something about the pet ghosts!!!

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>>> Side note: Lost only my 3rd bonded pet since the system came in, a
>>> nightmare on Napa, apparently due to the shard going down New Years Day.
>>> Other two were my factions dude on Napa and one of my characters on SP.
>>> Not bad, but it still stings a bit. Login my character and find them
>>> standing on a boat!
>>>
>>> A better way of doing it would be: If a shard goes down to notify people
>>> who were online at the time. I'm sure in Napa's case it was only 200-300
>>> people and the logs would have it. Save those 10,000 valorite ingots you
>>> were about to lock down on your porch anyway.
>>>
>>> But just tamed a new and nicer looking nag and only died once. I'll get
>>> over it.
>>
>>There are still ghosts of pets killed weeks ago wandering around on
>>Europa,
>>so you might yet meet your old partner!
>>
>>Archeon
>
> I see pet ghosts all over SE stuck in various forests and what not. It
> would be nice if you could help them or something. Or just dispel them
> with a silver sword. Something. Anything! For the love of God, we need
> to do something about the pet ghosts!!!
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

There has been a bug sitting in the mage shop in Moonglow on GL shard for
about a month now. Grunts at ya everytime you walk by it.

Sticky_314
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 5:12:57 PM

Archeon wrote:
> "Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>Side note: Lost only my 3rd bonded pet since the system came in, a
>>nightmare on Napa, apparently due to the shard going down New Years Day.
>>Other two were my factions dude on Napa and one of my characters on SP.
>>Not bad, but it still stings a bit. Login my character and find them
>>standing on a boat!
>>
>>A better way of doing it would be: If a shard goes down to notify people
>>who were online at the time. I'm sure in Napa's case it was only 200-300
>>people and the logs would have it. Save those 10,000 valorite ingots you
>>were about to lock down on your porch anyway.
>>
>>But just tamed a new and nicer looking nag and only died once. I'll get
>>over it.
>

> There are still ghosts of pets killed weeks ago wandering around on Europa,
> so you might yet meet your old partner!

I'm pretty sure it went wild which would lose the bonding, then the
'wild animal out of its legal area' poof would have got it.

I didn't login with the chr from the 1st until the 4th so it had plenty
of time for the effects of a shard restore from backup to do it in.

I found an NOS copy of Diablo for $3 in a store and it has been
diverting my time. I still really enjoy that game for the straight
forward magic system and interface.

I am turning back into a single player gamer I think. Not that I haven't
met some decent people on Catskills while fooling around there, just
that my S.O. won't let me play with other people w/o having a fit.

Playing with her is not exactly a joy. I tamed a fire steed for her on
Napa a month ago and have been waiting for her to get her chrs taming
up. I think it started at 60 and is up to 79 after a month. With rings
she got it to 101 so I tried to transfer the steed last night: I need
the stable slot.

I ask her "Do you have any meat?" as I was out. She says no, so I buy a
rabbit from the animal tamer and release it. As I am casting FS she hits
it with a Ebolt, carves it up, takes the hide and meat, and KEEPS IT! I
have to buy another rabbit and tell her to leave it alone so I can use
it feed the steed. Have something like this happen every ten minutes you
are playing with her and you will have a feel for what it's like.
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 8:33:34 PM

Verily, it was written by Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net>:
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 08:44:21 -0000, "Archeon" <archeon@ukgateway.net>
> wrote:

> I see pet ghosts all over SE stuck in various forests and what not. It
> would be nice if you could help them or something. Or just dispel them
> with a silver sword. Something. Anything! For the love of God, we need
> to do something about the pet ghosts!!!

Heh. in Siege, the same "a Swamp Gimp" (ghost swamp dragon)
has been haunting the gates of Moonglow for nearly three months now.
It's been since joined by a few ghost horse/mares, as well.

Toothy Grin (2th E Grin) says, 'Have a Nice Day!' *****
Bill Glaholt **|*|**
http://www.theglaholts.net *.___.*
toothygrin & theglaholts d0t net <- replace & with @ *****
January 6, 2005 9:59:36 AM

Polychromic <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

>I see pet ghosts all over SE stuck in various forests and what not. It
>would be nice if you could help them or something. Or just dispel them
>with a silver sword. Something. Anything! For the love of God, we need
>to do something about the pet ghosts!!!

Fixed (finally!) in P29.

D.
--