Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Potion Kegs - Alchemy question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
January 5, 2005 7:53:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit there
and click on the mouse...

Paul

--
*** This email has been check by Norton Anti-Virus ****
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:07:27 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Paul - Catskills wrote:

> Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
> 100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
> potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit there
> and click on the mouse...
>
> Paul
>

I thought they filled automatically if you have have a partially filled
keg in inventory.

Like you start with an empty keg and a single mt bottle. You make one
potion and put it in the keg. From there on you just make the same
potion type and it automatically goes into the keg.

Could be an UOA thing but I seem to recall doing it on an account w/o UOA.
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:07:28 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:zyZCd.1523$v76.441@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Paul - Catskills wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
>> 100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
>> potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit
>> there and click on the mouse...
>>
>> Paul
>>
>
> I thought they filled automatically if you have have a partially filled
> keg in inventory.
>
> Like you start with an empty keg and a single mt bottle. You make one
> potion and put it in the keg. From there on you just make the same potion
> type and it automatically goes into the keg.
>
> Could be an UOA thing but I seem to recall doing it on an account w/o UOA.

I start with an empty keg, an empty bottle and my regs, along with the
mortor & pestle tool. i make a potion and dump that into the keg (from the
bottle) and then i just start clicking away. The potions go directly into
the keg, no need to empty the bottles anymore. i was just hoping there was a
way to set up my peep so she was on "auto-pilot" so i didnt have to click on
my mouse 100 times or more per keg.
Related resources
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:07:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:44:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:

>
>"Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>news:zyZCd.1523$v76.441@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>> Paul - Catskills wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
>>> 100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
>>> potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit
>>> there and click on the mouse...
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>>
>> I thought they filled automatically if you have have a partially filled
>> keg in inventory.
>>
>> Like you start with an empty keg and a single mt bottle. You make one
>> potion and put it in the keg. From there on you just make the same potion
>> type and it automatically goes into the keg.
>>
>> Could be an UOA thing but I seem to recall doing it on an account w/o UOA.
>
>I start with an empty keg, an empty bottle and my regs, along with the
>mortor & pestle tool. i make a potion and dump that into the keg (from the
>bottle) and then i just start clicking away. The potions go directly into
>the keg, no need to empty the bottles anymore. i was just hoping there was a
>way to set up my peep so she was on "auto-pilot" so i didnt have to click on
>my mouse 100 times or more per keg.
>

I just have a UOA macro that does make last item using the mortar and
pestle 5 times in a row. Saves a lot clicking. :) 

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 1:07:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Paul - Catskills wrote:
> "Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:zyZCd.1523$v76.441@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>>Paul - Catskills wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
>>>100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
>>>potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit
>>>there and click on the mouse...
>>>
>>>Paul
>>>
>>
>>I thought they filled automatically if you have have a partially filled
>>keg in inventory.
>>
>>Like you start with an empty keg and a single mt bottle. You make one
>>potion and put it in the keg. From there on you just make the same potion
>>type and it automatically goes into the keg.
>>
>>Could be an UOA thing but I seem to recall doing it on an account w/o UOA.
>
>
> I start with an empty keg, an empty bottle and my regs, along with the
> mortor & pestle tool. i make a potion and dump that into the keg (from the
> bottle) and then i just start clicking away. The potions go directly into
> the keg, no need to empty the bottles anymore. i was just hoping there was a
> way to set up my peep so she was on "auto-pilot" so i didnt have to click on
> my mouse 100 times or more per keg.
>
>


I prep two or three kegs at a time (manually make 3 potions, then drop
one in each keg) then use a UO Assist macro to hammer out 50 potions at
a click. Once one keg fills, the next one starts filling - it's very
nice, and gets my alchemy done pretty quickly ... it is a tad boring to
watch tho'.

Douglas
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 8:52:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Douglas Glatz" <"douglas at possibly geekoids.com"> wrote in message
news:e4adnRaWj6JyBkHcRVn-oA@comcast.com...
> Paul - Catskills wrote:
>> "Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> news:zyZCd.1523$v76.441@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>>
>>>Paul - Catskills wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the
>>>>mouse 100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor
>>>>selling full potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to
>>>>have to sit there and click on the mouse...
>>>>
>>>>Paul
>>>>
>>>
>>>I thought they filled automatically if you have have a partially filled
>>>keg in inventory.
>>>
>>>Like you start with an empty keg and a single mt bottle. You make one
>>>potion and put it in the keg. From there on you just make the same potion
>>>type and it automatically goes into the keg.
>>>
>>>Could be an UOA thing but I seem to recall doing it on an account w/o
>>>UOA.
>>
>>
>> I start with an empty keg, an empty bottle and my regs, along with the
>> mortor & pestle tool. i make a potion and dump that into the keg (from
>> the bottle) and then i just start clicking away. The potions go directly
>> into the keg, no need to empty the bottles anymore. i was just hoping
>> there was a way to set up my peep so she was on "auto-pilot" so i didnt
>> have to click on my mouse 100 times or more per keg.
>>
>>
>
>
> I prep two or three kegs at a time (manually make 3 potions, then drop one
> in each keg) then use a UO Assist macro to hammer out 50 potions at a
> click. Once one keg fills, the next one starts filling - it's very nice,
> and gets my alchemy done pretty quickly ... it is a tad boring to watch
> tho'.
>
> Douglas

ok, i downloaded UO Assist and got the trial version... i have been trying
to setup the potion macro so i can do oh say 20 at a pop... i am not having
any luck. does anyone have a formula that i can borrow/use?
TIA
Paul
January 6, 2005 9:00:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message
news:9m3pt0hnau2qo065bv4psdosto6kfsvk59@4ax.com...
> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:44:31 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
> I just have a UOA macro that does make last item using the mortar and
> pestle 5 times in a row. Saves a lot clicking. :) 

Ditto...but 20 times! One each for Greater poison, heal and cure. Couldn't
manage this game without UOA.

Archeon
Anonymous
January 6, 2005 9:50:43 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:52:15 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:
>> I prep two or three kegs at a time (manually make 3 potions, then drop one
>> in each keg) then use a UO Assist macro to hammer out 50 potions at a
>> click. Once one keg fills, the next one starts filling - it's very nice,
>> and gets my alchemy done pretty quickly ... it is a tad boring to watch
>> tho'.
>>
>> Douglas
>
>ok, i downloaded UO Assist and got the trial version... i have been trying
>to setup the potion macro so i can do oh say 20 at a pop... i am not having
>any luck. does anyone have a formula that i can borrow/use?
>TIA
>Paul
>

OK. First make one potion of the type you want so that the "make last"
button on your mortar does what you want it to do.

Then go to the Macros tab on UOAssist. Pick one of the macros and
press the "Record" button. Then double click your mortar and press the
"Make last" button as many times as you want. When you've done press
the "Stop Recording" button on UOA.

Now you've got a macro that'll do a "make last" with your mortar and
pestle however many times you recorded it for. When you have that
macro selected you can just press the END key on the keyboard to crank
out as many potions as you want.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 2:58:29 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote in message
news:bejrt0plg7k1lfujh9m0dhjv9aorsul06q@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:52:15 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
> <rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:
>>> I prep two or three kegs at a time (manually make 3 potions, then drop
>>> one
>>> in each keg) then use a UO Assist macro to hammer out 50 potions at a
>>> click. Once one keg fills, the next one starts filling - it's very
>>> nice,
>>> and gets my alchemy done pretty quickly ... it is a tad boring to watch
>>> tho'.
>>>
>>> Douglas
>>
>>ok, i downloaded UO Assist and got the trial version... i have been trying
>>to setup the potion macro so i can do oh say 20 at a pop... i am not
>>having
>>any luck. does anyone have a formula that i can borrow/use?
>>TIA
>>Paul
>>
>
> OK. First make one potion of the type you want so that the "make last"
> button on your mortar does what you want it to do.
>
> Then go to the Macros tab on UOAssist. Pick one of the macros and
> press the "Record" button. Then double click your mortar and press the
> "Make last" button as many times as you want. When you've done press
> the "Stop Recording" button on UOA.
>
> Now you've got a macro that'll do a "make last" with your mortar and
> pestle however many times you recorded it for. When you have that
> macro selected you can just press the END key on the keyboard to crank
> out as many potions as you want.
>
> Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

Thanks Reg, i appreciate your help.
is there anything else that UO Assisst can do that would be helpful. I
mainly take care of vendors and such. Only every now and then do i go out
and adventure - not a lot of time here on my hands to do that.
Thanks!
Paul
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 5:34:50 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:58:29 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:

>
>Thanks Reg, i appreciate your help.
>is there anything else that UO Assisst can do that would be helpful. I
>mainly take care of vendors and such. Only every now and then do i go out
>and adventure - not a lot of time here on my hands to do that.
>Thanks!
>Paul
>

I use it mainly for crafting although I'm also hooked on a few of its
handy builtin functions. For instance, you can hit ctrl-b and
automatically start bandaging yourself. There are also keys you can
hit to quickly drink various potions.

You can also make your macro more useful. If you go to the first line
of the macro you made where you double clicked your mortar and pestle
and right click on it you'll get a little menu. If you change it to
"Use Item Type" then the macro will automatically search your pack for
another tool when the old one wears out.

I use the Agents it has regularly too. In particular it's handy to be
able to automatically recycle a whole bag full of smithed or tailored
stuff.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 6:30:44 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 16:53:14 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:

>Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
>100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
>potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit there
>and click on the mouse...
>
Well, I've heard there are utilities you can download however I'm not
recommending that you use any of them as they are third party
applications and promote unattended macroing.

I would mostly recommend not downloading and using one called
UOLoop.exe as it could possibly be extremely helpful as it apparently
will send a defined keystroke to the client at timed intervals (ie F2
every 1500ms). I mean, if someone wanted to they could record a macro
in UOAssist to simply make a single, say GP potion, assign it to the
F1 key, then run UOLoop until the keg is full).

I'll bet a GM Alchemist can fill a keg in approximately 2 minutes and
21 seconds easily via this method without ever hitting a key. In fact,
I'll bet you could do this with up to 5 or 6 kegs at once if you
wanted to.

I'm just guessing of course as I would never condone this type of
activity on an OSI shard as it promotes unattended macroing. In fact,
I can't believe you are even reading this!! :-)

X





----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
January 8, 2005 2:48:56 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 11:58:29 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:


>Thanks Reg, i appreciate your help.
>is there anything else that UO Assisst can do that would be helpful. I
>mainly take care of vendors and such. Only every now and then do i go out
>and adventure - not a lot of time here on my hands to do that.
>Thanks!
>Paul
>
UO Assist gives you 15 day to try it free. You really should download
it and give it a try. I could not play UO without it.
http://www.tugsoft.com/

Ice
January 8, 2005 2:58:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:30:44 -0500, XIIxOveR wrote:
>>Is there a way to make multiple potions without having to click the mouse
>>100 times to fill a keg? I have a GM Alchemist with a vendor selling full
>>potion kegs, but it eats up a lot of my time from play to have to sit there
>>and click on the mouse...
>>
>Well, I've heard there are utilities you can download however I'm not
>recommending that you use any of them as they are third party
>applications and promote unattended macroing.
>
>I would mostly recommend not downloading and using one called
>UOLoop.exe as it could possibly be extremely helpful as it apparently
>will send a defined keystroke to the client at timed intervals (ie F2
>every 1500ms). I mean, if someone wanted to they could record a macro
>in UOAssist to simply make a single, say GP potion, assign it to the
>F1 key, then run UOLoop until the keg is full).
>
>I'll bet a GM Alchemist can fill a keg in approximately 2 minutes and
>21 seconds easily via this method without ever hitting a key. In fact,
>I'll bet you could do this with up to 5 or 6 kegs at once if you
>wanted to.
>
>I'm just guessing of course as I would never condone this type of
>activity on an OSI shard as it promotes unattended macroing. In fact,
>I can't believe you are even reading this!! :-)
>
Now this is really funny. UO Loop was written to go with UO Assist,
but EA would not approve it. The only place I have seen it in the
past year or so, has been on European web sites. Another thing
I noticed was that it is bigger than the original one, so if you
decide to get it, look for viruses before you open it. It may just
be bigger and better, but I am the suspicious type.

Ice
Anonymous
January 8, 2005 6:40:44 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:58:00 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

>>I'm just guessing of course as I would never condone this type of
>>activity on an OSI shard as it promotes unattended macroing. In fact,
>>I can't believe you are even reading this!! :-)
>>
>Now this is really funny. UO Loop was written to go with UO Assist,
>but EA would not approve it. The only place I have seen it in the
>past year or so, has been on European web sites. Another thing
>I noticed was that it is bigger than the original one, so if you
>decide to get it, look for viruses before you open it. It may just
>be bigger and better, but I am the suspicious type.
>
>Ice

It really doesn't seem like it;s worth bothering with just to make a
couple of kegs of potions when you can just record a macro to make
them 5 or 10 or 20 at a time so easily.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic
!