TASKBAR ICON APPEARANCE

June 8, 2005 6:50:29 PM

I have a new machine (Dell 8400) with a high end video card and monitor
running 1024x768x32 resolution. The icons on the taskbar are big and ugly
compared to those on all my other machines (2 old machines) and several at
work. The icons on the desktop and in the start menu look fine.

I can't find any control for reducing the size of these taskbar icons.
Anyone?

Thanks,

rwt
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:50:30 PM

The size of those icons is actually influenced by the size of the "Captions
Buttons"
Rignt click the desktop and select Propeties. Go the the Appearance tab and
click on the Advanced button. Select the "Captions Buttons" and change the
size. Mine says 25.

Hope this helps!

S.

"rwt" wrote:

> I have a new machine (Dell 8400) with a high end video card and monitor
> running 1024x768x32 resolution. The icons on the taskbar are big and ugly
> compared to those on all my other machines (2 old machines) and several at
> work. The icons on the desktop and in the start menu look fine.
>
> I can't find any control for reducing the size of these taskbar icons.
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rwt

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 6:50:30 PM

Try Kelly T's little app found here

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"rwt" <youcantspamme@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have a new machine (Dell 8400) with a high end video card and monitor
> running 1024x768x32 resolution. The icons on the taskbar are big and ugly
> compared to those on all my other machines (2 old machines) and several at
> work. The icons on the desktop and in the start menu look fine.
>
> I can't find any control for reducing the size of these taskbar icons.
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rwt

June 8, 2005 6:50:30 PM

Try Kelly T's app found here

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"rwt" <youcantspamme@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have a new machine (Dell 8400) with a high end video card and monitor
> running 1024x768x32 resolution. The icons on the taskbar are big and ugly
> compared to those on all my other machines (2 old machines) and several at
> work. The icons on the desktop and in the start menu look fine.
>
> I can't find any control for reducing the size of these taskbar icons.
> Anyone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> rwt

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 7:44:33 PM

R-click in an open area of the Quick launch tool bar, select View and
then Small Icons.

S. wrote:

> The size of those icons is actually influenced by the size of the "Captions
> Buttons"
> Rignt click the desktop and select Propeties. Go the the Appearance tab and
> click on the Advanced button. Select the "Captions Buttons" and change the
> size. Mine says 25.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> S.
>
> "rwt" wrote:
>

>>I have a new machine (Dell 8400) with a high end video card and monitor
>>running 1024x768x32 resolution. The icons on the taskbar are big and ugly
>>compared to those on all my other machines (2 old machines) and several at
>>work. The icons on the desktop and in the start menu look fine.
>>
>>I can't find any control for reducing the size of these taskbar icons.
>>Anyone?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>rwt

Anonymous