klipsch and denon

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently got the following equipment and was looking for others to
share their experience.

Denon 3805
Klipsch RF7, RC7, RS7, RSW15

Is this receiver "enough" to power these speakers to their full extent?

The center channel during movies seems to have too much overtone and
it's straining to understand what the voices are saying.

During sword scenes the highs are very harsh and hurt the ear. The
volume level isn't too high.

My previous system was a Harmon Kardon high current amp with Cerwin Vega
DX9's and that seemed to go much, much louder than these Denon/Klipsch
pairing.

--
Average Joe

In article <cj48nc0275n@news4.newsguy.com>, Average Joe
<sconnet@cox.net> wrote:

> Denon 3805
> Klipsch RF7, RC7, RS7, RSW15
>
> Is this receiver "enough" to power these speakers to their full extent?
>
> The center channel during movies seems to have too much overtone and
> it's straining to understand what the voices are saying.
>
> During sword scenes the highs are very harsh and hurt the ear. The
> volume level isn't too high.

These speakers are fantastic. You would be hard pressed to find
a better speaker system for home theatre. As a result, I would
suggest that your receiver might not be set up properly and
the channels are not balanced. The Klipsch are fairly efficient
speakers, so they really do not take much power to operate.
Try using the surround decoder in your DVD player rather than
the decoder in the receiver...perhaps the decoder just isn't
up to the task. That can lead to all kinds of sound and level
problems.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708 john@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications http://www.johnweeks.com