how long do dead bonded pets stay around ?

i've seen the same dead pets in britain chessy for over two months
what taming do you need to keep them forever ?
when i died (cove) and went back the next day with a kin mask my horse was
nowhere to be found it also did not show up on my followers status bar
so why are there horses all over britain dead for months ?

jumper
chesepeake

notavailable12@aol.com (Notavailable12) wrote:
>i've seen the same dead pets in britain chessy for over two months
>what taming do you need to keep them forever ?
>when i died (cove) and went back the next day with a kin mask my horse was
>nowhere to be found it also did not show up on my followers status bar
>so why are there horses all over britain dead for months ?

After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

"Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> notavailable12@aol.com (Notavailable12) wrote:
> >i've seen the same dead pets in britain chessy for over two months
> >what taming do you need to keep them forever ?
> >when i died (cove) and went back the next day with a kin mask my horse
was
> >nowhere to be found it also did not show up on my followers status bar
> >so why are there horses all over britain dead for months ?
>
> After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.
>
> D.
> --
> Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
>
> -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
> Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

I think its a little shorter than that - this from Stratics re Pub 29:

" Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only exist
between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is
online "

So only a few hours to revive your friendly dragon!

===============
Thalarctos
Suzerein of Sorcery
The Order of Thoth
Europa

"Thal" <yousexything(nospam)@boxfrog.com> wrote in message

> "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.
>
> I think its a little shorter than that - this from Stratics re Pub 29:
>
> " Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only
> exist
> between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is
> online "
>
> So only a few hours to revive your friendly dragon!

Actually Leurocian has confirmed that the timer has been changed to 24
hours. Having had a white wyrm, spider and horse hanging around WBB Europa
for weeks, I think that is long enough... :)

Shaun.

"Shaun Lucas" <lord.huffy@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

> "Thal" <yousexything(nospam)@boxfrog.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.
> >
> > I think its a little shorter than that - this from Stratics re Pub 29:
> >
> > " Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only
> > exist
> > between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is
> > online "
> >
> > So only a few hours to revive your friendly dragon!
>
> Actually Leurocian has confirmed that the timer has been changed to 24
> hours. Having had a white wyrm, spider and horse hanging around WBB Europa
> for weeks, I think that is long enough... :)
>
> Shaun.

Ah - I missed that -

" 24 hour timer it is then. I just internally made this fix. So it should
hit the public publish 29 test center soon "

Thalarctos