how long do dead bonded pets stay around ?

i've seen the same dead pets in britain chessy for over two months
what taming do you need to keep them forever ?
when i died (cove) and went back the next day with a kin mask my horse was
nowhere to be found it also did not show up on my followers status bar
so why are there horses all over britain dead for months ?

jumper
chesepeake
4 answers Last reply
More about long dead bonded pets stay
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    notavailable12@aol.com (Notavailable12) wrote:
    >i've seen the same dead pets in britain chessy for over two months
    >what taming do you need to keep them forever ?
    >when i died (cove) and went back the next day with a kin mask my horse was
    >nowhere to be found it also did not show up on my followers status bar
    >so why are there horses all over britain dead for months ?

    After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > notavailable12@aol.com (Notavailable12) wrote:
    > >i've seen the same dead pets in britain chessy for over two months
    > >what taming do you need to keep them forever ?
    > >when i died (cove) and went back the next day with a kin mask my horse
    was
    > >nowhere to be found it also did not show up on my followers status bar
    > >so why are there horses all over britain dead for months ?
    >
    > After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.
    >
    > D.
    > --
    > Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.
    >
    > -Resolved: To be more temperate in my postings.
    > Oct 5th, 2004 JDL

    I think its a little shorter than that - this from Stratics re Pub 29:

    " Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only exist
    between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is
    online "

    So only a few hours to revive your friendly dragon!

    ===============
    Thalarctos
    Suzerein of Sorcery
    The Order of Thoth
    Europa
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Thal" <yousexything(nospam)@boxfrog.com> wrote in message

    > "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.
    >
    > I think its a little shorter than that - this from Stratics re Pub 29:
    >
    > " Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only
    > exist
    > between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is
    > online "
    >
    > So only a few hours to revive your friendly dragon!

    Actually Leurocian has confirmed that the timer has been changed to 24
    hours. Having had a white wyrm, spider and horse hanging around WBB Europa
    for weeks, I think that is long enough... :-)

    Shaun.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Shaun Lucas" <lord.huffy@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > "Thal" <yousexything(nospam)@boxfrog.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> After P29 pet ghosts will linger for 24 hours, then vanish.
    > >
    > > I think its a little shorter than that - this from Stratics re Pub 29:
    > >
    > > " Pet ghosts no longer stay around for days. Pet ghosts will now only
    > > exist
    > > between 2-4 hours, after which they will vanish, even if their owner is
    > > online "
    > >
    > > So only a few hours to revive your friendly dragon!
    >
    > Actually Leurocian has confirmed that the timer has been changed to 24
    > hours. Having had a white wyrm, spider and horse hanging around WBB Europa
    > for weeks, I think that is long enough... :-)
    >
    > Shaun.

    Ah - I missed that -

    " 24 hour timer it is then. I just internally made this fix. So it should
    hit the public publish 29 test center soon "

    Thalarctos

Computers Games Video Games