cd rom access

anybody knows how to setup access control to cd rom. i want to allow the
administrator to use the cd rom, and deny the access to the user. anyone
knows how to do this. Thanks!

James
2 answers Last reply
More about access

    James, you can do from Control Panel>AdminTools>Local Security
    Settings>Security Options>Devices: Restrict cdrom access.
    "James Wang" <wangjen@charter.net> wrote in message
    > anybody knows how to setup access control to cd rom. i want to allow the
    > administrator to use the cd rom, and deny the access to the user. anyone
    > knows how to do this. Thanks!
    >
    > James

    Rich, help me please, I'm a new user. I cannot access my CD-rom drive
    because access is denied by Administrator. I am administrator! I tried your
    solution below, but cannot find "Local security settings" in my Control
    Panel. I have Windows XP Home Edition. What am I doing wrong. Sure
    appreciate your help.

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > James, you can do from Control Panel>AdminTools>Local Security
    > Settings>Security Options>Devices: Restrict cdrom access.
    > "James Wang" <wangjen@charter.net> wrote in message
    > > anybody knows how to setup access control to cd rom. i want to allow the
    > > administrator to use the cd rom, and deny the access to the user. anyone
    > > knows how to do this. Thanks!
    > >
    > > James

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP