SP PCI128 model CT4810

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2003
Hello;

I'm trying to make a Sound Blaster PCI 128 Model CT4810 work on a Windows 2000 system.

Until now, the pc worked perfectly under Win 98SE,
but now that I switched to W2k, the sound card no longer works correctly.
Windows reports no conflicts/problems,
but yet it doesn't work.

There seem to be many variants of the SB PCI 128,
and my model - the CT4810 - is only one of them.
I cannot find any drivers for this model for W2k,
and it doesn't work properly with drivers for the other models.

Summary:
1. Win2k does not install the coorect driver.
2. I cannot find drivers for my SB PCI 128 CT4810 on Creative's website (that website is BADLY designed).

Please help!
Many thanks in advance;

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Creative is well known for NOT providing full version drivers for several of their products, forcing you to buy a driver CD from them instead. I believe your card might be an Ensoniq based card, a company Creative bought. These products are poorly supported.

A good driver site is <A HREF="http://www.driverguide.com" target="_new">http://www.driverguide.com</A>

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2003
Thank you for your help, but the drivers on that website don't solve my problem.

They have the same problem (I think) as the one from the Creative website:
When I install such a driver, it does not seem to be a complete driver, because it always asks me to browse to several files it needs (like eg sbpci.dll), which I can only find in the system and system32 directories.
I guess that these files are outdated, or at least not suitable for my CT4810 model of the SBPCI128.

Does anyone know where I can download a COMPLETE driver for the SBPCI128 (model CT4810) ?

Many thanks in advance!