Newbie question

Last response: in Video Games
January 17, 2005 3:09:58 AM

Hi
What do I need to play Ultima online. There seem to be so many options it's
all very confusing. I have not bought the game yet so which version should
I buy. Which server should I register for. I live in the UK so will lag be
an issue on a server in the USA.
I eventually hope to sell things on the online trading sites eg Gold etc so
I guess the server should be a popular one.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Dave

More about : newbie question

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 3:09:59 AM

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:09:58 -0000, "Zoony"
<Cantgetmehere@somewhere.com> wrote:

>Hi
>What do I need to play Ultima online. There seem to be so many options it's
>all very confusing. I have not bought the game yet so which version should
>I buy. Which server should I register for. I live in the UK so will lag be
>an issue on a server in the USA.
>I eventually hope to sell things on the online trading sites eg Gold etc so
>I guess the server should be a popular one.
>Any advice would be appreciated.

UO can be purchased through Electronic Boutique UK. The latest
expansion UO-Samurai Empire, contains the complete code to install the
game and play it on your PC.

The game is played on independent "shards" - servers cohosted in the
US, Asia, and the UK. You can start characters on as many shards as
you like, only the most distant they are the worse the lag will be.
Your local shards are Europa and Drakenfels, which are located on
opposite benches in a room of a building located somewhere near
downtown London. UO has a "Shard Transfer program" but each transfer
costs $30 USD so it's better to find a shard you can play on the best
and stick with it.

Buying and selling isn't what it used to be but there's still a market
for UO merchandise on the auction websites. Suggest you look at sales
there for awhile and decide if you want to go this route. You can buy
an established account for anywhere from $100 - $5000 USD, depending
on how well developed it is. An account with house(s) is usually
worth more than one without.
--
"E Pluribus Unum Auarca"

- the inevitable consequence of owning a puppy.
!