Bah! Cowardly generals...

Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
invasion since they aren't invading any city. It is just a heavy spawn
out in the forest by the Serpent Spine mountains. It's all very easy
spawn actually. Unless you get lagged or stuck in the vegetation it's a
simple matter to keep from being killed. The sheer amount of lizardmen
and earth eles is a bit annoying but they're easy enough to kill.

The really annoying thing that has happened twice to me now is that the
generals just *poof* out of existence or de-spawn right when you're
fighting them. Something flakey with the new spawner maybe?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    "Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > The really annoying thing that has happened twice to me now is that the
    > generals just *poof* out of existence or de-spawn right when you're
    > fighting them. Something flakey with the new spawner maybe?

    Were you fighting the generals away from their original spawning point?
    Supposedly they will *POOF* back to the starting point if you lead them too
    far away.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:20:26 -0800, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

    >"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> The really annoying thing that has happened twice to me now is that the
    >> generals just *poof* out of existence or de-spawn right when you're
    >> fighting them. Something flakey with the new spawner maybe?
    >>
    >Were you fighting the generals away from their original spawning point?
    >Supposedly they will *POOF* back to the starting point if you lead them too
    >far away.

    They're cheaters. I'm calling a GM.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    >Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    >invasion since they aren't invading any city. It is just a heavy spawn
    >out in the forest by the Serpent Spine mountains.

    The spawn starts by the mountains, and slowly moves toward Brit. If
    you don't defeat the northern spawns, each subsequent spawn moves
    closer to the city. Defeat a close spawn, and it moves back to the
    north.

    (Thus on many shards (reportedly) Fel Brit is already overrun.)

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:03:34 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

    >Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    >>invasion since they aren't invading any city. It is just a heavy spawn
    >>out in the forest by the Serpent Spine mountains.
    >
    >The spawn starts by the mountains, and slowly moves toward Brit. If
    >you don't defeat the northern spawns, each subsequent spawn moves
    >closer to the city. Defeat a close spawn, and it moves back to the
    >north.
    >
    >(Thus on many shards (reportedly) Fel Brit is already overrun.)
    >
    >D.

    Well, wake me when the spawn reaches the city. Much nicer fighting in
    clean streets than in the clutter of the forest.

    So does anyone know the purpose of the kindergarten-art style blockages in
    the Serpent Spine passage? I thought maybe the spawn would emanate from
    Despise and they'd use those structures as fortifications but they seem to
    be ignored entirely. (Let me guess right now that regardless of how the
    "invasion" turns out that they will be left behind because no one at OSI
    ever cleans up their events.)

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    > On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:03:34 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
    >>
    > So does anyone know the purpose of the kindergarten-art style blockages in
    > the Serpent Spine passage? I thought maybe the spawn would emanate from
    > Despise and they'd use those structures as fortifications but they seem to
    > be ignored entirely. (Let me guess right now that regardless of how the
    > "invasion" turns out that they will be left behind because no one at OSI
    > ever cleans up their events.)

    Those are the fortifications created to "slow down" the invaders. At least
    that's what they told all of us miners and lumberjacks a while back to get
    us to work our butts off to collect logs and ore. There's one built in each
    of the three passages of the mountains around Britain. I don't know if
    there were any shards that didn't get the necessary supplies collected to
    build them, but it would be interesting to know if there is any difference
    in the invasion because of it.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:08:27 -0800, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

    >"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 01:03:34 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:
    >>>
    >> So does anyone know the purpose of the kindergarten-art style blockages in
    >> the Serpent Spine passage? I thought maybe the spawn would emanate from
    >> Despise and they'd use those structures as fortifications but they seem to
    >> be ignored entirely. (Let me guess right now that regardless of how the
    >> "invasion" turns out that they will be left behind because no one at OSI
    >> ever cleans up their events.)
    >
    >Those are the fortifications created to "slow down" the invaders. At least
    >that's what they told all of us miners and lumberjacks a while back to get

    Who told you that? My miner never heard a peep. I really hate when
    events take place half on the web instead of inside the game. Has any
    heard a peep out of town criers lately (or within the last 5 years for
    that matter?)

    >us to work our butts off to collect logs and ore. There's one built in each
    >of the three passages of the mountains around Britain. I don't know if
    >there were any shards that didn't get the necessary supplies collected to
    >build them, but it would be interesting to know if there is any difference
    >in the invasion because of it.

    Why should it? The only bits of "invasion" I've seen have started inside
    those fortifications. I would be cool if the monsters were spawning
    further away and laying siege to those fortifications but like most OSI
    events, this one seems rather derailed from the get go.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

    >>Those are the fortifications created to "slow down" the invaders. At least
    >>that's what they told all of us miners and lumberjacks a while back to get
    >
    >Who told you that? My miner never heard a peep. I really hate when
    >events take place half on the web instead of inside the game. Has any
    >heard a peep out of town criers lately (or within the last 5 years for
    >that matter?)

    It was an EM event, and occurred completely ingame. (The haphazard
    notification system for EM events is another rant entirely.)

    >>us to work our butts off to collect logs and ore. There's one built in each
    >>of the three passages of the mountains around Britain. I don't know if
    >>there were any shards that didn't get the necessary supplies collected to
    >>build them, but it would be interesting to know if there is any difference
    >>in the invasion because of it.
    >
    >Why should it? The only bits of "invasion" I've seen have started inside
    >those fortifications. I would be cool if the monsters were spawning
    >further away and laying siege to those fortifications but like most OSI
    >events, this one seems rather derailed from the get go.

    The earlier portion of the invasion (the EM portion) did originate and
    lay siege to those fortifications. However, it was a foregone
    conclusion that the players would lose.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

    >>(Thus on many shards (reportedly) Fel Brit is already overrun.)
    >>
    >>D.
    >
    >Well, wake me when the spawn reaches the city. Much nicer fighting in
    >clean streets than in the clutter of the forest.

    As I said, try Fel Brit.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:17:01 GMT, fairwater@gmail.com (Derek Lyons) wrote:

    >Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    >>>(Thus on many shards (reportedly) Fel Brit is already overrun.)
    >>>
    >>>D.
    >>
    >>Well, wake me when the spawn reaches the city. Much nicer fighting in
    >>clean streets than in the clutter of the forest.
    >
    >As I said, try Fel Brit.

    No, I refuse to ever go to Felucca again. No amount of carrot on a stick
    will turn me into PK fodder.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    > invasion since they aren't invading any city. It is just a heavy spawn
    > out in the forest by the Serpent Spine mountains. It's all very easy
    > spawn actually. Unless you get lagged or stuck in the vegetation it's a
    > simple matter to keep from being killed. The sheer amount of lizardmen
    > and earth eles is a bit annoying but they're easy enough to kill.
    >
    > The really annoying thing that has happened twice to me now is that the
    > generals just *poof* out of existence or de-spawn right when you're
    > fighting them. Something flakey with the new spawner maybe?

    I couldn't find any. I found two spawn areas, one the was barely
    outside the guard area on the road to the Brit cemetary. All I ever
    saw was lizards with a non-standard lable.

    --
    3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
    the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in

    WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
    > Michael Cecil wrote:
    >
    >> Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    >> invasion since they aren't invading any city. It is just a heavy spawn
    >> out in the forest by the Serpent Spine mountains. It's all very easy
    >> spawn actually. Unless you get lagged or stuck in the vegetation it's a
    >> simple matter to keep from being killed. The sheer amount of lizardmen
    >> and earth eles is a bit annoying but they're easy enough to kill.
    >>
    >> The really annoying thing that has happened twice to me now is that the
    >> generals just *poof* out of existence or de-spawn right when you're
    >> fighting them. Something flakey with the new spawner maybe?
    >>

    > I couldn't find any. I found two spawn areas, one the was barely
    > outside the guard area on the road to the Brit cemetary. All I ever saw
    > was lizards with a non-standard lable.

    On Sonoma - if you head North to the pass that takes you to Despise,
    there are three distinct spawns (provided you bear west). All are very
    nasty!

    douglas
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    > Who told you that? My miner never heard a peep. I really hate when
    > events take place half on the web instead of inside the game. Has any
    > heard a peep out of town criers lately (or within the last 5 years for
    > that matter?)

    Yes. "I have no news at this time."

    --
    3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
    the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in
    her doors with her face. - SVTKate
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    >>>Well, wake me when the spawn reaches the city. Much nicer fighting in
    >>>clean streets than in the clutter of the forest.
    >>
    >>As I said, try Fel Brit.
    >

    > No, I refuse to ever go to Felucca again. No amount of carrot on a stick
    > will turn me into PK fodder.

    What about ribeye on a stick?? Mmmmmmm.... steaaaaak.

    --
    3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
    the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in
    her doors with her face. - SVTKate
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

    >>>Well, wake me when the spawn reaches the city. Much nicer fighting in
    >>>clean streets than in the clutter of the forest.
    >>
    >>As I said, try Fel Brit.
    >
    >No, I refuse to ever go to Felucca again. No amount of carrot on a stick
    >will turn me into PK fodder.

    Inside the guard zone, AIUI, you are not PK fodder.

    D.
    --
    Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

    Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Derek Lyons wrote:
    > Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:

    >>>As I said, try Fel Brit.
    >>
    >>No, I refuse to ever go to Felucca again. No amount of carrot on a stick
    >>will turn me into PK fodder.
    >

    > Inside the guard zone, AIUI, you are not PK fodder.
    >
    > D.

    No - you are thief bait.

    douglas
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    > invasion since they aren't invading any city. Well, on Drchanfels trammel, they are getting closer now. At the moment
    the graveyard is invaded. They will soon be in the city

    /ZW
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    ZoombyWoof wrote:
    > Michael Cecil wrote:
    >
    >> Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    >> invasion since they aren't invading any city. Well, on Drchanfels
    >> trammel, they are getting closer now. At the moment
    >
    > the graveyard is invaded. They will soon be in the city
    >
    > /ZW

    Correction. They are in the city now. Just got killed in town...

    /ZW
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    wrote:

    > >>As I said, try Fel Brit.
    > >
    > >No, I refuse to ever go to Felucca again. No amount of carrot on a stick
    > >will turn me into PK fodder.
    >
    > Inside the guard zone, AIUI, you are not PK fodder.
    >
    > D.

    No, in Felucca you are monster bait with the insane spawn rate. I did go to
    Felucca to help out and got surrounded by monsters and killed. Although I
    was at full stamina I would just rubber-band a half screen when I tried to
    push through to get some maneuvering room. I was locked in place until I
    finally died. I had noticed earlier that I was sometimes rubber-banding
    when trying to move over a monster's corpse. I don't know if that was what
    trapped me or not, but I do know that I'm not going back.
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    "Derek Lyons" <fairwater@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net> wrote:
    > >
    > >No, I refuse to ever go to Felucca again. No amount of carrot on a stick
    > >will turn me into PK fodder.
    >
    > Inside the guard zone, AIUI, you are not PK fodder.

    Yeah, well that all depends on how quick you are with your GUARDS macro.
    You can still get murdered in a guard zone if they can do enough damage in
    the first hit.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Douglas Glatz wrote:

    >> I couldn't find any. I found two spawn areas, one the was barely
    >> outside the guard area on the road to the Brit cemetary. All I ever
    >> saw was lizards with a non-standard lable.
    >>

    > On Sonoma - if you head North to the pass that takes you to Despise,
    > there are three distinct spawns (provided you bear west). All are very
    > nasty!
    >
    > douglas

    Michael and I are both on Atlantic.

    --
    3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
    the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in
    her doors with her face. - SVTKate
  21. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    ZoombyWoof wrote:

    > ZoombyWoof wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Cecil wrote:
    >>
    >>> Okay I found the spawn area of the current attack. I won't call it an
    >>> invasion since they aren't invading any city. Well, on Drchanfels
    >>> trammel, they are getting closer now. At the moment
    >>

    >> the graveyard is invaded. They will soon be in the city
    >>
    >> /ZW
    >>

    > Correction. They are in the city now. Just got killed in town...
    >
    > /ZW

    Where are you? You must be in Felucca.

    --
    3) If it were My Mustang, I would have yanked
    the stupid xxxxx out of her beater and beat in
    her doors with her face. - SVTKate
  22. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 04:04:42 -0600, "WindsorFox[SS]"
    <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

    >Douglas Glatz wrote:
    >
    >>> I couldn't find any. I found two spawn areas, one the was barely
    >>> outside the guard area on the road to the Brit cemetary. All I ever
    >>> saw was lizards with a non-standard lable.
    >>>

    >> On Sonoma - if you head North to the pass that takes you to Despise,
    >> there are three distinct spawns (provided you bear west). All are very
    >> nasty!
    >>
    >> douglas
    >
    > Michael and I are both on Atlantic.

    There was just a little spawn when I played today. Only one general at a
    time. I was able to finally kill a Titan general but the Ogre Lord
    general killed me. Didn't loot my corpse though. I noticed they were
    saying some odd things, "Return with their heads or dont return at all!"
    I was too busy to pay much attention though.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
  23. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
    > ZoombyWoof wrote:
    >
    >> ZoombyWoof wrote:

    >>> the graveyard is invaded. They will soon be in the city
    >>>
    >>> /ZW
    >>>

    >> Correction. They are in the city now. Just got killed in town...
    >>
    >> /ZW
    >

    > Where are you? You must be in Felucca.

    Nono, Trammel.

Computers Games Video Games