how to cancel an email with outlook

June 8, 2005 10:43:16 PM

please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
exspress!!

i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
sooner i get a reply the better, cheers

--
untilted

More about : cancel email outlook

Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:43:17 PM

Sorry, once an email is sent, it's sent. It's gone. There is no way to
cancel it. If you "know it is possible" then you know more than I do after
using the program for years.

"untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
> exspress!!
>

> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>

> --
> untilted
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 10:43:17 PM

Nope, sorry. Can't be done. Once it's gone, it's gone.

Tom
"untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

| please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
| exspress!!
|

| i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
| imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
| sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
|

| --
| untilted
June 9, 2005 12:12:32 AM

Once you sent it and it went out it is gone. Time to compose an innovative email that will explain to the person that the email was an error <s>

--
Peter

"untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net...

> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
> exspress!!
>

> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>

> --
> untilted
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:52:14 AM

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:43:16 +0000, untilted
<untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
>exspress!!
>

>i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
>imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
>sooner i get a reply the better, cheers

Only in a corporate environment is it possible to "cancel" a sent
message. It's possible because the message is still on the corporate
mail server (such as Exchange). Even in that environment, if the
person reads the original message before they see the recall, the
cancel action will fail.

Once a message goes out on the internet, though, it's gone. You have
sent it and it's out of your grasp. Forever.

One last comment - why did you post this here? It has absolutely
NOTHING to do with XP.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 2:53:06 PM

"untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
> exspress!!
>

> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>

> --
> untilted

Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
then the item will be recalled.

Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
too.
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 2:53:07 PM

OP said Outlook Express . It is not possible once email is sent from OE

--
Peter

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message news:eKd9a2IbFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
>> exspress!!
>>

>> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
>> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
>> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>>

>> --
>> untilted
>
> Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
> in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
> recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
> then the item will be recalled.
>
> Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
> find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
> WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
> have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
> I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
> too.

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 2:53:07 PM

What is incomplete about IT CAN'T BE DONE IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS? And why are
you trying to muddy the waters talking about some versions of outlook (a
totally different program from outlook express) when the original poster
specifically said OUTLOOK EXPRESS?

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
>> exspress!!
>>

>> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
>> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
>> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>>

>> --
>> untilted
>
> Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
> in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
> recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
> then the item will be recalled.
>
> Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
> find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
> WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
> have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
> I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
> too.

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 2:53:08 PM

Take a look at the above post by Pegasus and he does explain why. He is right

--
Peter

"Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:o cjDkKJbFHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> What is incomplete about IT CAN'T BE DONE IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS? And why are
> you trying to muddy the waters talking about some versions of outlook (a
> totally different program from outlook express) when the original poster
> specifically said OUTLOOK EXPRESS?
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
>>> exspress!!
>>>

>>> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
>>> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
>>> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>>>

>>> --
>>> untilted
>>
>> Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
>> in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
>> recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
>> then the item will be recalled.
>>
>> Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
>> find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
>> WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
>> have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
>> I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
>> too.

Anonymous
June 9, 2005 3:25:46 PM

True, but I went by the Subject line. Again this emphasises
the need for him to post in the correct newsgroup.

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
OP said Outlook Express . It is not possible once email is sent from OE

--
Peter

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
>> exspress!!
>>

>> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
>> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
>> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>>

>> --
>> untilted
>
> Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
> in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
> recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
> then the item will be recalled.
>
> Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
> find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
> WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
> have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
> I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
> too.

June 9, 2005 3:44:23 PM

Just tell your boss that it was a co-worker playing a joke on you.

untilted wrote:

> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
> exspress!!
>
> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>
> --
> untilted
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 12:14:40 AM

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:53:06 +1000, "Pegasus \(MVP\)" <I.can@fly.com>
wrote:

>"untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
>>
>> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
>> exspress!!
>>

>> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
>> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
>> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
>>

>> --
>> untilted
>
>Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
>in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
>recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
>then the item will be recalled.

This option has been available on Outlook in every version I've ever
used, ever since it was released. It's not so much what version of
Outlook, but what environment you are using it in. I don't think the
recall option works unless you are using a local corporate mail
server, such as Exchange. Even then it often fails at the task.

>Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
>find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
>WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
>have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
>I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
>too.

Correct, this isn't the place to ask this question.
January 27, 2009 5:41:24 AM

Hallo team,

I have the same question regarding cancelling an email sent via Outlook.The scenario is:

Im using Microsoft Outlook 2003, and im doing report and always sending them every morning. I, unfortunately send email and found that it wasnt the email i planned to send.Even though this email has been delivered to Team mates INBOX i want to CANCEL it,so that they wont be able to read the content so that i can send another email.

1.) Is this possible?
2.) How do i go on this i.e. Steps.

I will appreciate.

makundib@hotmail.com