how to cancel an email with outlook

please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
exspress!!

i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
sooner i get a reply the better, cheers

--
untilted
12 answers Last reply

    Sorry, once an email is sent, it's sent. It's gone. There is no way to
    cancel it. If you "know it is possible" then you know more than I do after
    using the program for years.

    "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    > exspress!!
    >

    > i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    > imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    > sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >

    > --
    > untilted

    Nope, sorry. Can't be done. Once it's gone, it's gone.

    Tom
    "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    | please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    | exspress!!
    |

    | i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    | imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    | sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    |

    | --
    | untilted

    Once you sent it and it went out it is gone. Time to compose an innovative email that will explain to the person that the email was an error <s>

    --
    Peter

    "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message news:untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net...

    > please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    > exspress!!
    >

    > i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    > imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    > sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >

    > --
    > untilted

    On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 18:43:16 +0000, untilted
    <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote:

    >please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    >exspress!!
    >

    >i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    >imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    >sooner i get a reply the better, cheers

    Only in a corporate environment is it possible to "cancel" a sent
    message. It's possible because the message is still on the corporate
    mail server (such as Exchange). Even in that environment, if the
    person reads the original message before they see the recall, the
    cancel action will fail.

    Once a message goes out on the internet, though, it's gone. You have
    sent it and it's out of your grasp. Forever.

    One last comment - why did you post this here? It has absolutely
    NOTHING to do with XP.

    "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    > exspress!!
    >

    > i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    > imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    > sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >

    > --
    > untilted

    Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
    in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
    recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
    then the item will be recalled.

    Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
    find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
    WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
    have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
    I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
    too.

    OP said Outlook Express . It is not possible once email is sent from OE

    --
    Peter

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message news:eKd9a2IbFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

    > "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    >> exspress!!
    >>

    >> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    >> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    >> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >>

    >> --
    >> untilted
    >
    > Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
    > in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
    > recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
    > then the item will be recalled.
    >
    > Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
    > find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
    > WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
    > have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
    > I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
    > too.

    What is incomplete about IT CAN'T BE DONE IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS? And why are
    you trying to muddy the waters talking about some versions of outlook (a
    totally different program from outlook express) when the original poster
    specifically said OUTLOOK EXPRESS?

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

    > "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    >> exspress!!
    >>

    >> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    >> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    >> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >>

    >> --
    >> untilted
    >
    > Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
    > in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
    > recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
    > then the item will be recalled.
    >
    > Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
    > find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
    > WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
    > have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
    > I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
    > too.

    Take a look at the above post by Pegasus and he does explain why. He is right

    --
    Peter

    "Jone Doe" <fake@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:OcjDkKJbFHA.724@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > What is incomplete about IT CAN'T BE DONE IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS? And why are
    > you trying to muddy the waters talking about some versions of outlook (a
    > totally different program from outlook express) when the original poster
    > specifically said OUTLOOK EXPRESS?
    >
    > "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    >>> exspress!!
    >>>

    >>> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    >>> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    >>> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> untilted
    >>
    >> Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
    >> in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
    >> recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
    >> then the item will be recalled.
    >>
    >> Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
    >> find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
    >> WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
    >> have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
    >> I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
    >> too.

    True, but I went by the Subject line. Again this emphasises
    the need for him to post in the correct newsgroup.

    "Peter Foldes" <okf22@email.msn.com> wrote in message
    OP said Outlook Express . It is not possible once email is sent from OE

    --
    Peter

    "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

    > "untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    >> exspress!!
    >>

    >> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    >> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    >> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >>

    >> --
    >> untilted
    >
    > Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
    > in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
    > recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
    > then the item will be recalled.
    >
    > Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
    > find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
    > WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
    > have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
    > I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
    > too.

    Just tell your boss that it was a co-worker playing a joke on you.

    On Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:53:06 +1000, "Pegasus \(MVP\)" <I.can@fly.com>
    wrote:

    >"untilted" <untilted.1qbzpo@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> please please can someone tell me how to cancel a sent email in outlook
    >> exspress!!
    >>

    >> i know this is possible, please can someone reply soon, it is
    >> imperative that i cancel this email! thanks, i dont have much time, the
    >> sooner i get a reply the better, cheers
    >>

    >> --
    >> untilted
    >
    >Some versions of Outlook let you recall an item by opening it
    >in the Sent Items box, then clicking "Options, Recall". If the
    >recipient hasn't read it and if his mail system supports a recall
    >then the item will be recalled.

    This option has been available on Outlook in every version I've ever
    used, ever since it was released. It's not so much what version of
    Outlook, but what environment you are using it in. I don't think the
    recall option works unless you are using a local corporate mail
    server, such as Exchange. Even then it often fails at the task.

    >Note that you're posting in the wrong newsgroup. You would
    >find most Outlook experts in an Outlook newsgroup, not in a
    >WinXP newsgroup. You can see the result here: So far you
    >have received three responses, all of which were incomplete.
    >I'm not an Outlook expert either, so my reply may be incomplete
    >too.

    Correct, this isn't the place to ask this question.
  12. Hallo team,

    I have the same question regarding cancelling an email sent via Outlook.The scenario is:

    Im using Microsoft Outlook 2003, and im doing report and always sending them every morning. I, unfortunately send email and found that it wasnt the email i planned to send.Even though this email has been delivered to Team mates INBOX i want to CANCEL it,so that they wont be able to read the content so that i can send another email.

    1.) Is this possible?
    2.) How do i go on this i.e. Steps.

    I will appreciate.

    makundib@hotmail.com