Sound to HDTV not working?

I recently fixed and reinstalled my OS. Well once I did, my sound decided to simply stop working. I have updated all my drivers, Set as default device, checked sound manager, and even used headphones. Nothing. I have both a PC-Monitor cable and a HDMI. Neither one works. Even though I hear no sound, Realtek HDA still shows audio going on. I have no idea how to fix this. :(
5 answers Last reply
More about sound hdtv working
  1. I've had this problem before ... its likely just a trial and error fix (hard to guess). Are you absolutely sure you have all of the motherboard software installed? (that's likely a different disk than windows).

Ideas:
    In the past I've encountered the PC routing sound through a different port (front vs back, etc), I've encountered it being set to a different playback device in the sound manager, and I've encountered settings on my video card/video card drivers that changed the HDMI output to include or not include sound.
  2. Yep, I've checked every inch of this computer and everything is fine.

I'm having the (Forgot to mention) ATI HDMI Output is not Plugged In problem
  3. is it enabled in the control panel/sound ? did you check the TV's control panel ? Did you disable the on-board sound in the BIOS ?
  4. Yep yep yep. I have no clue what the problem is
  5. bad cable ?.......... or, how many hdmi inputs does the tv have ? and did you try more than 1.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7