Sign in with
Your question

Sound to HDTV not working?

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
August 3, 2012 7:47:41 PM

I recently fixed and reinstalled my OS. Well once I did, my sound decided to simply stop working. I have updated all my drivers, Set as default device, checked sound manager, and even used headphones. Nothing. I have both a PC-Monitor cable and a HDMI. Neither one works. Even though I hear no sound, Realtek HDA still shows audio going on. I have no idea how to fix this. :( 

More about : sound hdtv working

August 3, 2012 8:12:38 PM

I've had this problem before ... its likely just a trial and error fix (hard to guess). Are you absolutely sure you have all of the motherboard software installed? (that's likely a different disk than windows).

Ideas:
In the past I've encountered the PC routing sound through a different port (front vs back, etc), I've encountered it being set to a different playback device in the sound manager, and I've encountered settings on my video card/video card drivers that changed the HDMI output to include or not include sound.
m
l
August 3, 2012 8:16:30 PM

Yep, I've checked every inch of this computer and everything is fine.

I'm having the (Forgot to mention) ATI HDMI Output is not Plugged In problem
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 3, 2012 8:19:15 PM

is it enabled in the control panel/sound ? did you check the TV's control panel ? Did you disable the on-board sound in the BIOS ?
m
l
August 3, 2012 8:25:05 PM

Yep yep yep. I have no clue what the problem is
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
August 3, 2012 10:34:28 PM

bad cable ?.......... or, how many hdmi inputs does the tv have ? and did you try more than 1.
m
l
!