screenshots

what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
word, but they do not come out all that great.

is there a program for this?
thanks!

--
*** This email has been check by Norton Anti-Virus ****

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:41:37 -0500, "Paul - Catskills"
<rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote:

>what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
>i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
>word, but they do not come out all that great.
>
>is there a program for this?
>thanks!

I've been using the old UO Screenshot Utility for years. Works for other
DirectX games too.
http://www.hh.iij4u.or.jp/~kmatuoka/uosu/indexe.html

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

"Paul - Catskills" <rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote in message
> what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
> i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
> word, but they do not come out all that great.
>
> is there a program for this?
> thanks!
>
> --
> *** This email has been check by Norton Anti-Virus ****

What I do is the ctrl-print screen and then paste into MS Paint. That lets
you clean it up as you want. Another option is Snag-It whaich I've used at
work for getting screenshots to put into training. It really just depends on
how much editing you want to do. Plus if you have XP paint lets you save in
JPG's as well as BMP's.

Alminair

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Paul - Catskills" <rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote in message
> what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
> i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
> word, but they do not come out all that great.
>
> is there a program for this?
> thanks!

I tried something called SnagIt, which worked ok. But Ctrl+PrintScrn, paste
into Irfanview, crop and save works for me plus Irfanview is free and useful
for more than just screenshots.
http://www.irfanview.com/

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Magik wrote:

> "Paul - Catskills" <rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote in message
> > what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
> > i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
> > word, but they do not come out all that great.
> >
> > is there a program for this?
> > thanks!
>
> I tried something called SnagIt, which worked ok. But Ctrl+PrintScrn, paste
> into Irfanview, crop and save works for me plus Irfanview is free and useful
> for more than just screenshots.
> http://www.irfanview.com/

I prefer to use something like UOSE or Grabby for screenshots, if just so
that I can take multiples without saving each and every one in between
shots.

--
Paul W. Lints UIN:25030144
pwlints@deleteme.csupomona.edu

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:29:11 -0800, "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote:

>"Paul - Catskills" <rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
>> i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
>> word, but they do not come out all that great.
>>
>> is there a program for this?
>> thanks!
>
>I tried something called SnagIt, which worked ok. But Ctrl+PrintScrn, paste
>into Irfanview, crop and save works for me plus Irfanview is free and useful
>for more than just screenshots.
>http://www.irfanview.com/

The nice thing about the UO Screenshot Utility is it takes only one
keypress to snap the screen and save it as a bmp or jpg and either the
whole screen or just the active window (depending on how you configure
it). No pasting it into another app. The files are timestamped so you
never have to worry about overwriting one. I have screenshots going back
to 1998. :)

--

Verily, it was written by Paul - Catskills <rasputin01@*removethis*adelphia.net>:
> what is the best way to take a screenshot while in-game?
> i have done a few with "ctrl+print screen" and then pasted to microsoft
> word, but they do not come out all that great.

Typically, if I don't need to do a quick series of them, I'll use
alt-PrintScrn (which instead of the entire screen, only takes a snapshot
of the in-focus (used) window. Unless you play UO in fullscreen mode,
that will put just the UO window in the clipboard. Then, I use a
graphics editor (GIMP is a really good public domain/GNU 'freeware'
editor) and paste it in there to save, crop, or whatever.

Toothy Grin (2th E Grin) says, 'Have a Nice Day!' *****
Bill Glaholt **|*|**
http://www.theglaholts.net *.___.*
toothygrin & theglaholts d0t net <- replace & with @ *****