Can I use a SACD player as a DAC for other digital sources?

Last response: in Home Audio
Share
October 13, 2004 4:02:32 AM

Hi,
The SACD player I'm looking at has a coax input. Can I plug a digital
audio receiver (DAR) into my SACD to play digital music from my PC
through my analog amp? I don't think I can, but want to make sure
before investing in a seperate DAC for the DAR.

Thanks,
Ellison
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 6:40:52 AM

On 13 Oct 2004 00:02:32 GMT, daveellison2000@gmail.com (Ellison)
wrote:

>Hi,
>The SACD player I'm looking at has a coax input. Can I plug a digital
>audio receiver (DAR) into my SACD to play digital music from my PC
>through my analog amp? I don't think I can, but want to make sure
>before investing in a seperate DAC for the DAR.

Does your DAR put out S/PDIF? What is it?

Kal
October 15, 2004 3:40:25 AM

> Does your DAR put out S/PDIF? What is it?

It's the Xindak SACD2- thanks.
October 15, 2004 7:29:53 AM

On 14 Oct 2004 23:40:25 GMT, daveellison2000@gmail.com (Ellison)
wrote:

>> Does your DAR put out S/PDIF? What is it?
>
>It's the Xindak SACD2- thanks.

That's an SACD player, ain't it? What's a DAR?

Kal
!