Just login to UO after 6 months, what happen to Britain? invasion?
have they start removing inactive account's houses?

o00o

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:15:23 GMT, o00o <anti@spam.com> wrote:

>Just login to UO after 6 months, what happen to Britain? invasion?

Yes some kind of lizardman invasion. Get swamped by 10 monsters that
aren't worth the effort to fight for every one that is slightly
interesting.

>have they start removing inactive account's houses?

They just decay don't they? I found a couple decayed ones last week.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, o00o wrote:

> Just login to UO after 6 months, what happen to Britain? invasion?
> have they start removing inactive account's houses?

Yes, they created a new spawner system and did a Britain invasion to put it
through its paces. The invasion should be about done now though.

And yes, they finally turned on Phase 3 of house decay a year or so ago.
When an account goes inactive, its house(s) undergo a 90 day grace period
where they are untouched. After that, they undergo the normal decay cycle
(~6 days now, I believe).

--
Paul W. Lints UIN:25030144
pwlints@deleteme.csupomona.edu

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:15:23 GMT, o00o <anti@spam.com> wrote:
>

>>Just login to UO after 6 months, what happen to Britain? invasion?
>

> Yes some kind of lizardman invasion. Get swamped by 10 monsters that
> aren't worth the effort to fight for every one that is slightly
> interesting.

Just got killed by one of the "General", one hit death... and when does
Oger know how to teleport??

>>have they start removing inactive account's houses?
>

> They just decay don't they? I found a couple decayed ones last week.

Very speedy decay in the dungeon too, lost conn, when I login again I
found myself dead, ran out and find a healer to res, recall to Yew bank,
reg up, when back to the spot I was killed, did all these in less than
3 minutes, but body was long gone.

o00o

On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:46:10 GMT, o00o <anti@spam.com> wrote:

>Just got killed by one of the "General", one hit death... and when does
>Oger know how to teleport??

If you drag them too far from their spawning point, they just *poof* away.
Cheating monsters.

>Very speedy decay in the dungeon too, lost conn, when I login again I
>found myself dead, ran out and find a healer to res, recall to Yew bank,
> reg up, when back to the spot I was killed, did all these in less than
>3 minutes, but body was long gone.

Should be longer than that I think. Don't know the specifics though.

--

Paul W. Lints wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, o00o wrote:
>

>>Just login to UO after 6 months, what happen to Britain? invasion?
>>have they start removing inactive account's houses?
>>

> Yes, they created a new spawner system and did a Britain invasion to put it
> through its paces. The invasion should be about done now though.
>
> And yes, they finally turned on Phase 3 of house decay a year or so ago.
> When an account goes inactive, its house(s) undergo a 90 day grace period
> where they are untouched. After that, they undergo the normal decay cycle
> (~6 days now, I believe).

Not a good news for me, I was going to close one of my 3 accounts and
still keep the house, need the storage for weapons and resources.

o00o

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 11:46:10 GMT, o00o <anti@spam.com> wrote:
>

>>Just got killed by one of the "General", one hit death... and when does
>>Oger know how to teleport??
>

> If you drag them too far from their spawning point, they just *poof* away.
> Cheating monsters.
>

>>Very speedy decay in the dungeon too, lost conn, when I login again I
>>found myself dead, ran out and find a healer to res, recall to Yew bank,
>> reg up, when back to the spot I was killed, did all these in less than
>>3 minutes, but body was long gone.
>

> Should be longer than that I think. Don't know the specifics though.

Just page the GM on DF, apprently they are awared of this problem(copres
decay faster than it should), and is currently working on the solution.

o00o

On Sat, 5 Mar 2005, o00o wrote:

> Paul W. Lints wrote:
> > On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, o00o wrote:
> >

> >>Just login to UO after 6 months, what happen to Britain? invasion?
> >>have they start removing inactive account's houses?
> >>

> > Yes, they created a new spawner system and did a Britain invasion to put it
> > through its paces. The invasion should be about done now though.
> >
> > And yes, they finally turned on Phase 3 of house decay a year or so ago.
> > When an account goes inactive, its house(s) undergo a 90 day grace period
> > where they are untouched. After that, they undergo the normal decay cycle
> > (~6 days now, I believe).
> >
> Not a good news for me, I was going to close one of my 3 accounts and
> still keep the house, need the storage for weapons and resources.

Just reactivate once every three months, and you can still use the storage
without risking losing the house.

--
Paul W. Lints UIN:25030144
pwlints@deleteme.csupomona.edu