Question about Insurance

If you buy an item, or have an item that has already been
insured by someone else, and it is marked "Insured", do you
need to "re-insure" it or does the old insurance stand on the
new character?

I have items that I have bought and items that other of my
characters have already insured. They are marked "Insured".
I have been removing that "insured" tag, and re-insuring them,
but I could save the insurance if it follows the item, and not
the character.

Hope someone has an answer.....

Thanks,

Ice
2 answers Last reply
More about question insurance
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Ice wrote:

    > If you buy an item, or have an item that has already been
    > insured by someone else, and it is marked "Insured", do you
    > need to "re-insure" it or does the old insurance stand on the
    > new character?

    No. It is treated just like an item that you yourself insured.

    --
    Paul W. Lints UIN:25030144
    pwlints@deleteme.csupomona.edu

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:24:38 -0600, Ice <nobody@noplace.com> wrote:

    >If you buy an item, or have an item that has already been
    >insured by someone else, and it is marked "Insured", do you
    >need to "re-insure" it or does the old insurance stand on the
    >new character?
    >
    >I have items that I have bought and items that other of my
    >characters have already insured. They are marked "Insured".
    >I have been removing that "insured" tag, and re-insuring them,
    >but I could save the insurance if it follows the item, and not
    >the character.

    98.2% sure that insurance only kicks in at the time of death for whatever
    character holds or carries the item. So whether you insure it or it was
    previously insured it works the same way. (Of course with all their
    changes from day to day, who knows? If you want to go dance with some
    Yamadons, I will be glad to watch your corpse/stuff, hehe.)

    I think I asked this question myself back when insurance was introduced
    and I was buying some items off vendors.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Computers Games Video Games