KingLouieXVII

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2003
I've been having some problems with the output on a computer I got from a friend. It wasn't working when I got it, but after removing a bad RAM chip he installed, things started working better. I installed Linux, which is working perfectly, but the monitor has lines across the screen that I can't seem to get rid of. I asked my friend and they've been there a while. It's an older Dell, 1Ghz with 128 MB RAM (after I removed the other chip). The lines very with intensity and shape, but seem to get more pronounced after the computer's been on a while. The computer has integrated graphics :(, and only a 70 watt power supply - but nothing's been added to the machine since Dell built it. The monitor works on other computers and overheating isn't a problem. Are there any other reasons for this?

The other computers might be using different resolutions or refresh rates, which *might* explain why it works on them.

Have you tried adjusting the v-sync?

Barton 2500+, 512MB Corsair Platinum XMS 3200 CL2, Radeon 9700, WD Raptor 10,000 rpm S-ATA HDD, Asus A7V600, Enermax 460W SilentPlus PSU.