Over 5 GB In temporary folder? CCleaner Help

Tags:
  • Internet Explorer
  • Junk
  • Computers
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
August 4, 2012 4:55:55 AM

I usually run CCleaner to clean up my junk files on my other computers. But I just built a new PC and now every time I run CCleaner, it gives me crazy results (in just one day I had over 5GB in my temp folder). Every 5-6 hours I run CCleaner, and I get at least 400 MB removed from my temp folder - and that's not even counting any other files it cleans. Also, it cleans history from Internet Explorer but I never even USED Internet Explorer!! What could be going on?

More about : temporary folder ccleaner

a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2012 3:10:44 PM

you have SSD installed.?
Score
August 6, 2012 5:41:33 AM

verbalizer said:
you have SSD installed.?

Nope, just 1TB HDD
Score
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2012 5:55:07 AM

Do you do video editing?

The only other thing I can think of is as if some program is generating some sort of log, recording stats.
Score
August 6, 2012 6:57:23 AM

Pyree said:
Do you do video editing?

The only other thing I can think of is as if some program is generating some sort of log, recording stats.

I do quite a bit of video editing with After Effects and some with Sony Vegas. Could that be the problem?
Score

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2012 7:07:27 AM

Yes, those could be temporary video files in the temp folder. I said could be because i am not sure where these programs put their temp video file. May be go to the forum of the software (I am pretty sure After Effects and Vegas have a forum of its own by Adobe and Sony), and ask people who use the software to confirm that the default folder for temporary video is indeed the temp folder.
a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2012 12:10:16 PM

Pyree said:
Yes, those could be temporary video files in the temp folder. I said could be because i am not sure where these programs put their temp video file. May be go to the forum of the software (I am pretty sure After Effects and Vegas have a forum of its own by Adobe and Sony), and ask people who use the software to confirm that the default folder for temporary video is indeed the temp folder.

I believe so. Other browsers typically hijack that folder as well, hence why it comes up under "Internet Explorer" when using CCleaner.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
August 6, 2012 12:12:53 PM

Pyree said:

gamerk316 said:
I believe so. Other browsers typically hijack that folder as well, hence why it comes up under "Internet Explorer" when using CCleaner.

I'm with this as well..
Score
August 6, 2012 3:30:56 PM

Best answer selected by rjackowens.
Score
August 6, 2012 3:33:05 PM

Thanks guys for your help. I am pretty sure After Effects is causing the problem. Will check their forums.
Score
a c 421 $ Windows 7
August 6, 2012 3:54:09 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!