Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options

my Folder Options menu is GONE! not to be found.... where is it? how do I
get it back?

Do you mean that "Folder Options..." Isn't listed in the tools menu?

Or the Folder Options window is blank? Tabs are missing?

Please be a bit more specific :)

--
Regards,

Lawrence Wong
Computer & Network Troubleshooter, IT Department
All-Connect Logistical Services Inc.

that is correct... nothing even in the menu when I click Tools... it's
gone... therefore, all my hidden folders/files are hidden forever!

"Lawrence A. Wong" wrote:

> Do you mean that "Folder Options..." Isn't listed in the tools menu?
>
> Or the Folder Options window is blank? Tabs are missing?
>
> Please be a bit more specific :)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Lawrence Wong
> Computer & Network Troubleshooter, IT Department
> All-Connect Logistical Services Inc.

NoFolderOptions policy hides the "Folder Options" applet in the Control
Panel, and the "Folder Options" sub-menu under Tools menu in Windows
Explorer. To get the option back, (For stand-alone systems) follow this:

Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
and
[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

Backup the keys, and delete the "NoFolderOptions" value in the right pane.

Ref:
Subject: Can't find "Folder Options"
http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=%23gjPhzzHFHA.2740%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"jgreenesq" <jgreenesq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my Folder Options menu is GONE! not to be found.... where is it? how do
> get it back?

ok.... the first one only has NonEnum, Ratings, and system

the second is done

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> NoFolderOptions policy hides the "Folder Options" applet in the Control
> Panel, and the "Folder Options" sub-menu under Tools menu in Windows
> Explorer. To get the option back, (For stand-alone systems) follow this:
>
> Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
>
> [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
> and
> [HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
>
> Backup the keys, and delete the "NoFolderOptions" value in the right pane.
>
> Ref:
> Subject: Can't find "Folder Options"
> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?selm=%23gjPhzzHFHA.2740%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl
>
> --
> Ramesh Srinivasan
> MS-MVP, Windows Shell
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
>
> "jgreenesq" <jgreenesq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my Folder Options menu is GONE! not to be found.... where is it? how do
> > get it back?

Good.