NTLDR not found - Windows wont start!!!

sammy

The pc wont start at boot !!!!
it comes up with an error saying: "NTLDR" not found.
Does this mean Windows once again being installed? System worked fine as at
last night.

advice appreciated.
thanks

twanny

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2005

System won't boot without NTLR: it resides in your system root folder (C:\).
If you have a boot-disk WinXP?), try from here and then look for the missing
NTLR file in your Recycle Bin (?), or better still, try System Restore.
Other more knowledgeable people might help you here: I only gave you an
overview of what happened. But don't resinstall Windows just yet.

Twanny
-----------------------

"sammy" <s.brako@kpn.com> wrote in message
> The pc wont start at boot !!!!
> it comes up with an error saying: "NTLDR" not found.
> Does this mean Windows once again being installed? System worked fine as
at
> last night.
>
> advice appreciated.
> thanks

First step: Remove the floppy disk from your disk drive
when rebooting.

sammy

Thanks for response.
1. there is no floppy disk in the drive.
2. I don't go pass the the first phase to be able to assess System Restore.

Pegasus (MVP) <I.can@fly.com> schreef in artikel
<ecJ88FMbFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...

> Thanks for response.
> 1. there is no floppy disk in the drive.
> 2. I don't go pass the the first phase to be able to assess System
Restore.

> Pegasus (MVP) <I.can@fly.com> schreef in artikel
> <ecJ88FMbFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>...
> >
> > "sammy" <s.brako@kpn.com> wrote in message
> > > The pc wont start at boot !!!!
> > > it comes up with an error saying: "NTLDR" not found.
> > > Does this mean Windows once again being installed? System worked fine
> as
> > at
> > > last night.
> > >
> > > advice appreciated.
> > > thanks
> >
> > First step: Remove the floppy disk from your disk drive
> > when rebooting.

Make yourself a WinXP boot disk, to see if WinXP is
still intact:
- Format a floppy disk on some other WinXP/2000 PC.
Don't do it on a Win9x PC - it won't work.
- Copy these files from the \i386 folder of your WinXP CD to A:\
ntldr
ntdetect.com
- Create a file a:\boot.ini with these lines
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=3
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
Professional" /fastdetect
- Boot the machine with this floppy

What do you get?