Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to having
it if I have GMed Meditation? The char I am building is GM Mage, Eval Int,
Meditation, and Tactics. Swords and Anatomy are 110. I was gonna divide the
rest into 20 Focus and 60 Healing? But like I said. My question is do I need
the focus at all. Cahr is a PvM char. I do have the +25 Power scroll.
Currently 100 Str, 80 Dex and 70 Int. Any suggestions?

Sticky_314

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:52:46 -0500, "Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to having
>it if I have GMed Meditation? The char I am building is GM Mage, Eval Int,
>Meditation, and Tactics. Swords and Anatomy are 110. I was gonna divide the
>rest into 20 Focus and 60 Healing? But like I said. My question is do I need
>the focus at all. Cahr is a PvM char. I do have the +25 Power scroll.
>Currently 100 Str, 80 Dex and 70 Int. Any suggestions?
>
>Sticky_314

It also helps regenerate stamina. If you use that Sword skill to melee
tougher monsters and not just for nuisance monster swatting, it can
definitely help. I wouldn't want to melee Hiyru (sp?) or Oni without it.

The good thing is that since it's quick to regain you can let it decay
without worry if you want to tweak another skill upwards a bit.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

<sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to having
>it if I have GMed Meditation?

You want to see your mana recover at Warp Speed, even passively? Get
some Focus. It's not the worst skill to dump extra points if you have
them and you can always recover them later if you find a skill you'd
rather have.
--
Paleontologists recently announced they have
discovered when Man first discovered language:

And it was BAD language.

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to
> having it if I have GMed Meditation? The char I am building is GM Mage,
> Eval Int, Meditation, and Tactics. Swords and Anatomy are 110. I was
> gonna divide the rest into 20 Focus and 60 Healing? But like I said. My
> question is do I need the focus at all. Cahr is a PvM char. I do have the
> +25 Power scroll. Currently 100 Str, 80 Dex and 70 Int. Any suggestions?
>
> Sticky_314

Go to http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/meditation.php and plug in your
numbers. With 110 med, 100 int, 0 focus your passive mana regen is 1.38 a
second. Add 60 mana and it goes to 1.68, which works out to 18 more mana a
minute, 36 more with active meditation.

I put 110 into the other six skills and tossed the remaining 60 into focus.
It's definitely nice. I went the Healing/Anatomy route instead of a weapon.
It lets me save nearly all my mana to commit mayhem on the monsters. :)

Make that "add 60 focus". It's definitly time to call it a night. <g>

>Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to
>having
>>it if I have GMed Meditation?
>
> You want to see your mana recover at Warp Speed, even passively? Get
> some Focus. It's not the worst skill to dump extra points if you have
> them and you can always recover them later if you find a skill you'd
> rather have.
> --
> Paleontologists recently announced they have
> discovered when Man first discovered language:
> Just after he invented the hammer and nail.
>
> And it was BAD language.

Well I did have both Meditation and Focus GMed and yes it was really fast at
regeneration. But I figure if I stick with my macros for weapon swaping and
have a weapon with a high end mana leach (which I do) I should be ok on
that. And even though I have greater heal to heal my wounds, I find that
basiclly all my magic is going into just healing. I'd actually like to
beable to heal myself and stick a monster with my sword while I'm dropping a
bolt of lighting on his head. I know bandages take time and even at that
level the chances of a sucessfull heal is not great. But I just wanted to
know what everyone thought. I do thank you all for the input though.

Sticky_314

Sticky_314 wrote:
>>Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to
>>having
>>
>>>it if I have GMed Meditation?
>>
>>You want to see your mana recover at Warp Speed, even passively? Get
>>some Focus. It's not the worst skill to dump extra points if you have
>>them and you can always recover them later if you find a skill you'd
>>rather have.
>>--
>>Paleontologists recently announced they have
>>discovered when Man first discovered language:
>>Just after he invented the hammer and nail.
>>
>>And it was BAD language.
>

> Well I did have both Meditation and Focus GMed and yes it was really fast at
> regeneration. But I figure if I stick with my macros for weapon swaping and
> have a weapon with a high end mana leach (which I do) I should be ok on
> that. And even though I have greater heal to heal my wounds, I find that
> basiclly all my magic is going into just healing. I'd actually like to
> beable to heal myself and stick a monster with my sword while I'm dropping a
> bolt of lighting on his head. I know bandages take time and even at that
> level the chances of a sucessfull heal is not great. But I just wanted to
> know what everyone thought. I do thank you all for the input though.

In general focus is better for fighters. You can wear any armor and the
slightest move like opening a spellbook doesn't stop it like meditation.

Items of mana regeneration seem to work ok too. I think it is capped so
you don't have to go for a lot.

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to
> having it if I have GMed Meditation? The char I am building is GM
> Mage, Eval Int, Meditation, and Tactics. Swords and Anatomy are 110.
> I was gonna divide the rest into 20 Focus and 60 Healing? But like I
> said. My question is do I need the focus at all. Cahr is a PvM char. I
> do have the +25 Power scroll. Currently 100 Str, 80 Dex and 70 Int.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Sticky_314

Don't waste the 100 points for focus, you can emulate the regeneration rate
for 100 Focus with 5 pts of Mana Regen (1pt/mana per 20 pts of Focus). In
fact, you can do away with both Meditate and Focus and have a passive rate
that is about the same as GM Med and GM Focus. The drawback to this is
that you have no Active meditation, which is 2x the passive rate.

"Sticky_314" <sticky_314@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Ok I know that focus helps to rebuild mana, but is there any point to
> having it if I have GMed Meditation? The char I am building is GM
> Mage, Eval Int, Meditation, and Tactics. Swords and Anatomy are 110.
> I was gonna divide the rest into 20 Focus and 60 Healing? But like I
> said. My question is do I need the focus at all. Cahr is a PvM char. I
> do have the +25 Power scroll. Currently 100 Str, 80 Dex and 70 Int.
> Any suggestions?
>
> Sticky_314

Don't waste the 100 points for focus, you can emulate the regeneration rate
for 100 Focus with 5 pts of Mana Regen (1pt/mana per 20 pts of Focus). In
fact, you can do away with both Meditate and Focus and get a 12pt mana
regen suit and have a passive rate that is about the same as GM Med and GM