LCD vs TV ????

Xrtaea

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
I'm sorry in case i prove to be the ultimate noob... but i need help with something:
I have a computer and a TV hooked together. I don't have a CRT monitor because i don't have the room for it : the computer is used primarily for games and DVD movies. There are times that i do some extensive work with photoshop as well for fun (image/photo editing) since i am into photography as well...
Lately i begun thinking that maybe i could have room for an LCD-TFT panel. After some research i understood how and why they are worse than CRT's for Photo-work.
My Question is: How does an LCD screen compare to my TV-out? Of course i know that LCD's are better but are they better in terms of contrast and color as well? If the image that i get from an LCD is not worse (in photo-ealism) than the image i get on my TV screen, then i should go get one...
BUT IS IT????
Please Help

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It won't have as good color, but it will be less fuzzy.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You could get a Plasma screen TV, or an HDTV. Some have DVI connections.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>