Need some help here

Hi,

I bought UO in 1997, I also played the beta phase. The problem that I have
is that Origin and EA won't accept the registration code of my copy. This is
annoying because I bought it with my hard earned cash. Anyone have a similar
problem and, if so, how did you solve it?

I regret that I lost the cloth map and the clothing pin that came with it.

Regards,

Marc

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:24:14 GMT, "Marc Wiselius"
<RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I bought UO in 1997, I also played the beta phase. The problem that I have
>is that Origin and EA won't accept the registration code of my copy. This is
>annoying because I bought it with my hard earned cash. Anyone have a similar
>problem and, if so, how did you solve it?
>
>I regret that I lost the cloth map and the clothing pin that came with it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Marc

Have you already registered it back in 97? That could be the problem.
The original game has changed so much since 97 that it would not be
worth while to even try to play with that version. Go spend some more
of you "hard earned cash" and get Samurai Empire, and play the game
as it is today. Everything in the game has changed since 97.

Their are now 4 new lands to explore, new art work, new skills, new
weapons, new armor, and new rules, and a mirror of the original land
for PVP. (All other land is non-PVP).

Ice

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:24:14 GMT, "Marc Wiselius"
<RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I bought UO in 1997, I also played the beta phase. The problem that I have
>is that Origin and EA won't accept the registration code of my copy. This is
>annoying because I bought it with my hard earned cash. Anyone have a similar
>problem and, if so, how did you solve it?
>
>I regret that I lost the cloth map and the clothing pin that came with it.
>
>Regards,
>
>Marc

You can only use the code one time to create an account. If you still
remember the userid/password of your account from way back then
you should be able to reactivate it. Your old characters and stuff
might even still be around.

If you don't remember the userid/password you might try calling EA.
Since you still have your old registration code they might possibly
be able dig up that info for you.

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:17:13 -0400, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:

>On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:24:14 GMT, "Marc Wiselius"
><RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I bought UO in 1997, I also played the beta phase. The problem that I have
>>is that Origin and EA won't accept the registration code of my copy. This is
>>annoying because I bought it with my hard earned cash. Anyone have a similar
>>problem and, if so, how did you solve it?
>>
>>I regret that I lost the cloth map and the clothing pin that came with it.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Marc
>>

>You can only use the code one time to create an account. If you still
>remember the userid/password of your account from way back then
>you should be able to reactivate it. Your old characters and stuff
>might even still be around.
>
>If you don't remember the userid/password you might try calling EA.
>Since you still have your old registration code they might possibly
>be able dig up that info for you.

That's worth a try if you played very long because you might have veteran
rewards waiting. (Can't remember how they deal with long absences now.)

But it really would be easier either way if you bought UO:Samurai Empire
at your local game shop for $20 instead of trying to update the original
client.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I bought UO in 1997, I also played the beta phase. The problem that I
>>>have
>>>is that Origin and EA won't accept the registration code of my copy. This
>>>is
>>>annoying because I bought it with my hard earned cash. Anyone have a
>>>similar
>>>problem and, if so, how did you solve it?
>>>
>>>I regret that I lost the cloth map and the clothing pin that came with
>>>it.
>>>
>>>Regards,
>>>
>>>Marc
>>>

>>You can only use the code one time to create an account. If you still
>>remember the userid/password of your account from way back then
>>you should be able to reactivate it. Your old characters and stuff
>>might even still be around.
>>
>>If you don't remember the userid/password you might try calling EA.
>>Since you still have your old registration code they might possibly
>>be able dig up that info for you.
>
> That's worth a try if you played very long because you might have veteran
> rewards waiting. (Can't remember how they deal with long absences now.)
>
> But it really would be easier either way if you bought UO:Samurai Empire
> at your local game shop for $20 instead of trying to update the original
> client.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil

I agree. You will probally still need a to buy a SE copy to get everything
that is up to date today. But if you can find your old account info. You can
use the upgrade code on the SE copy to upgrade your account. Therefore I
would try and recover your old account first. As I still am without a credit
card in my life time (this is a good thing for me), I still call their 1800
number and do check by phone. So I am going to provide you with EA's 1800
billing number so you might try and reclaim your past account. You can
verify the numbers on this web link.

http://eamembers.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eamembers.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=16Vsyw3h&p_lva=&p_faqid=13719

Hope this helps you.

Sticky_314

Inside the United States: dial 1-866-543-5435

Outside the United States: dial 650-628-4306

Sticky_314 wrote:

> Hope this helps you.
>
> Sticky_314
>
> Inside the United States: dial 1-866-543-5435
>
> Outside the United States: dial 650-628-4306

OT

Well it seems my Cobra hunt has been squished by my insurance
company. A $5520.00 per year rise in my insurance tells me to abandon
the thought. I will be getting a raise next month, but unless it's $4k a
year I'll have to drop it until I get rid of a house note :eek:P
Hey, I'mma newb, anyone wanna pay off my house so I can buy a new car??
What's a recall??

--
....And point out that he (Scott Richter) is a jerk.
You can quote me.

"Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I bought UO in 1997, I also played the beta phase. The problem that I have
> is that Origin and EA won't accept the registration code of my copy. This
is
> annoying because I bought it with my hard earned cash. Anyone have a
similar
> problem and, if so, how did you solve it?
>
> I regret that I lost the cloth map and the clothing pin that came with it.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc

I have a few unused new acount codes left over from various expansions. You
are welcome to one if you want.