Could someone clear something up for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Hi guys, I'm a current user of windows vista home premium 64 bit. I'm really interested in installing the windows 7 professional version and want to take advantage of this upgrade disk deal going on right now. My question is is it allowed for me to purchase the windows 7 professional upgrade CD and do a clean install of windows 7 professional when I have vista home premium instead of vista business (I already own the vista home premium OEM CD) or am i only allowed to use the windows 7 home premium upgrade CD (meaning that the only way to install windows 7 professional is through buying the retail copy when it comes out). Thank you so much for your help guys.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
oh ok, that's exactly what i'm asking for. Thank you so much for the clarfication, you saved me the trouble of accidently buying the windows 7 professional upgrade version. it's too bad i couldn't just directly upgrade to windows 7 professional though, it's going to very troublesome to go through all these process just to get to the version i want.

joemomma520

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009

According to MaximumPC August issue page 10. "Upgrading Vista will be relatively simple, as long as you upgrade to an edition of the OS similar or better than the one you are currently using. XP users will be eligible for upgrade pricing, but will have to do a clean install."

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
really? does that mean I could actually use the windows 7 professional upgrade CD to install the professional version onto my computer? man too bad I already ordered the home premium version. I guess it's not too bad considering the difference in price here in canada is $60

Status
Not open for further replies.