Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Thanks for all the help!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 16, 2005 11:25:22 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Hi, fellow gamers,

I thank you for all your help. What I did was I downloaded UO: AOS free
trial and registered using the supplied code. It worked and I have 15 days!
Now what I would like to know is: how do they calculate these "days"? I hope
it means I have 15 times 24 hours of game time but I suspect it will be a
different calculation.

Regards,

Marc

More about : question

Anonymous
April 16, 2005 11:41:34 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in message
news:C538e.63822$Sc7.59781@amsnews05.chello.com...
> Hi, fellow gamers,
>
> I thank you for all your help. What I did was I downloaded UO: AOS free
> trial and registered using the supplied code. It worked and I have 15
days!
> Now what I would like to know is: how do they calculate these "days"? I
hope
> it means I have 15 times 24 hours of game time but I suspect it will be a
> different calculation.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
>

It is 15 RL days. What shard are you playing on? I would be happy to set
you up with some gear and show you around but I play mostly on Atlantic.
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 7:04:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in
news:C538e.63822$Sc7.59781@amsnews05.chello.com:

> Hi, fellow gamers,
>
> I thank you for all your help. What I did was I downloaded UO: AOS
> free trial and registered using the supplied code. It worked and I
> have 15 days! Now what I would like to know is: how do they calculate
> these "days"? I hope it means I have 15 times 24 hours of game time
> but I suspect it will be a different calculation.

When its done just visit UOgateway.com and start playing on the free
shards. Personally I had no problem playing to play except that I liked the
free ones so much more so eventually I dropped my UO account

Gandalf Parker
Related resources
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 12:02:10 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Hi, Todd,

I play on the Europa server because I'm in the Netherlands. My main
character is called Alagondar. At the moment I'm busy on the Test server (at
least I was yesterday don't know if it's still up) with a character called
Debug.

Regards,

Marc
"Todd Bailey" <toddbailey25@-NoSpam-hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
news:743e$4260f8d6$453dbda9$20724@FUSE.NET...
>
> "Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in message
> news:C538e.63822$Sc7.59781@amsnews05.chello.com...
>> Hi, fellow gamers,
>>
>> I thank you for all your help. What I did was I downloaded UO: AOS free
>> trial and registered using the supplied code. It worked and I have 15
> days!
>> Now what I would like to know is: how do they calculate these "days"? I
> hope
>> it means I have 15 times 24 hours of game time but I suspect it will be a
>> different calculation.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Marc
>>
>
> It is 15 RL days. What shard are you playing on? I would be happy to set
> you up with some gear and show you around but I play mostly on Atlantic.
>
>
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 12:05:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Hi, Gandalf,

I played on the Demise server but I didn't like it. Most people didn't even
help me when I asked them. In fact I got no response whatsoever. Perhaps you
know more user friendly servers?

"Gandalf Parker" <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> schreef in bericht
news:Xns963ACC13A6912gandalfparker@208.201.224.154...
> "Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in
> news:C538e.63822$Sc7.59781@amsnews05.chello.com:
>
>> Hi, fellow gamers,
>>
>> I thank you for all your help. What I did was I downloaded UO: AOS
>> free trial and registered using the supplied code. It worked and I
>> have 15 days! Now what I would like to know is: how do they calculate
>> these "days"? I hope it means I have 15 times 24 hours of game time
>> but I suspect it will be a different calculation.
>
> When its done just visit UOgateway.com and start playing on the free
> shards. Personally I had no problem playing to play except that I liked
> the
> free ones so much more so eventually I dropped my UO account
>
> Gandalf Parker
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 12:09:17 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

Starting out on the test server might be a good idea. You can quickly try
out different skill sets and such without investing a lot of time taining so
you can see if like where the game is going. I do have some well developed
characters on Europa so, if you decide to stay on and would like some help
getting started on Europa, the offer of help stands.


"Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in message
news:6Ko8e.64615$Sc7.21588@amsnews05.chello.com...
> Hi, Todd,
>
> I play on the Europa server because I'm in the Netherlands. My main
> character is called Alagondar. At the moment I'm busy on the Test server
(at
> least I was yesterday don't know if it's still up) with a character called
> Debug.
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc
> "Todd Bailey" <toddbailey25@-NoSpam-hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> news:743e$4260f8d6$453dbda9$20724@FUSE.NET...
> >
> > "Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in message
> > news:C538e.63822$Sc7.59781@amsnews05.chello.com...
> >> Hi, fellow gamers,
> >>
> >> I thank you for all your help. What I did was I downloaded UO: AOS free
> >> trial and registered using the supplied code. It worked and I have 15
> > days!
> >> Now what I would like to know is: how do they calculate these "days"? I
> > hope
> >> it means I have 15 times 24 hours of game time but I suspect it will be
a
> >> different calculation.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Marc
> >>
> >
> > It is 15 RL days. What shard are you playing on? I would be happy to
set
> > you up with some gear and show you around but I play mostly on Atlantic.
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
April 17, 2005 5:20:01 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

"Marc Wiselius" <RemoveThis.m.wiselius@chello.nl> wrote in
news:3No8e.64616$Sc7.2236@amsnews05.chello.com:

> I played on the Demise server but I didn't like it. Most people didn't
> even help me when I asked them. In fact I got no response whatsoever.
> Perhaps you know more user friendly servers?

There are a few hundred available. I personally went thru nearly a
hundred of them before settling into one. I would post my notes but I
would be very surprised if what I wanted in a perfect server agreed with
anyone elses. For one thing, I avoided servers where people were alittle
bit "too helpful" to newbies. I was looking for a taste of the old UO
when you had to work alittle more to get levels and good items. But thats
just me.

UOGateway gives a front end program that only lists hundreds of shards
with a VERY short description. You click on one and it swaps out your
login.cfg, then gets out of the way as it calls UO.exe

Its pretty, and simple. I think it was written in visual basic. But it
does a good job. It also makes sure that if any of the shards download
special stuff (new colors, monsters, skills) that it all goes into its
own directory. Eventually, if you decide to keep one of the shards you
might want to install another copy of uo and set the config for that one
shard to speed things up but for just looking around the upgateway.com
program is great.

There is a www.TopShards.com you can look at. It has abit more info. And
it lists some shards that you cant just get into thru UPgateway. Either
they have their own program or you have to "apply" by email to get in.

Gandalf Parker
-- "Why are there no more good FREE things on the net?"
"Because too many people didnt know how you pay for free things."
!