Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 5738G sound problem

Last response: in Windows 7
August 4, 2012 1:28:00 PM

So I'm having an issue with my Acer laptop. I installed Windows 7 Enterprise on it and now I'm getting no sound :/ .
I tried installing some drivers but none would work. Windows update doesn't give me anything regarding sound.
I fear that the sound chip is defect. In device manager there is nothing regarding sound either.
So if someone could help me...
November 23, 2012 7:13:52 PM

themegadinesen said:
So I'm having an issue with my Acer laptop. I installed Windows 7 Enterprise on it and now I'm getting no sound :/ .
I tried installing some drivers but none would work. Windows update doesn't give me anything regarding sound.
I fear that the sound chip is defect. In device manager there is nothing regarding sound either.
So if someone could help me...

Here's your answer: the High Definition Audio drivers for Vista/Win7 do not work. The ones you need are fro the AC97 sound. Those are also located on the Acer Support download site, and it's named: 6305_Vista_Win7_PG537. First uninstall the High Definition drivers from the Control Panel, Programs and Features. Reboot, then install the 6305 Drivers. You may get error messages stating the the drivers are not Authorized or Signed drivers. Choose "Install Anyway". The error may appear many times. But, each time, choose "install Anyway" until the messages stop. When done, reboot. Sound works!!!!
m
l
!