2 PCs on One Monitor

Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the 2. I
have a 17 inch flate screen.

Thank for your help

stewart

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

Yes, you just need something like a KVM switch. you will have 1 mouse
keyboard and monitor, these plug into the swich, and from the switch to your
pc's run cables to the mouse, keyboard and monitor. then you just switch
between the 2.

See this example:- (paste onto one line)

http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product_category&category=kvm&category_id=303

"Peter C" wrote:

> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the 2. I
> have a 17 inch flate screen.
>
> Thank for your help

Thank You All Much Appreciated

"Peter C" wrote:

> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the 2. I
> have a 17 inch flate screen.
>
> Thank for your help

Yes with a KVM switch. I currently run 4 systems off a single monitor,
keyboard and mouse.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Peter C" <PeterC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the
> 2. I
> have a 17 inch flate screen.
>
> Thank for your help

Yes, you need a KVM switch (KVM=keyboard, video and mouse),
such switches are made by several companies, such as Belkin.
Google for KVM.

some support

"Peter C" <PeterC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
| Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and
switch between the 2. I
| have a 17 inch flate screen.
|
| Thank for your help

Yes, it is possible, and actually easy. What you need is a switch that has
2 in-plugs for each of keyboard, mouse, and monitor, and one out-plug for
each, then you also need the cables from each PC to the switch, and one set
of cables from the switch to one keyboard, one mouse, and one monitor.
Computer stores and dealers usually have that whole thing as a kit. What
you really have to watch out for is that some computers connect to keyboard
and mouse through USB, and some still through the old connectors. Your
switch has to be appropriate for the difference. Also, there are switches
that make you puch a button on the switch to go from one PC to the other,
and some let you set up a key combination on the keyboard. I hope this
helps.

"Peter C" <PeterC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the
> 2. I
> have a 17 inch flate screen.
>
> Thank for your help

YES! This is know has a keyboard/video/mouse (KVM) switch.

Peter C wrote:
> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between
> the 2. I have a 17 inch flate screen.
>
> Thank for your help

Yes, it is possible.

--
Peace!
Kurt

Stephen

Peter C wrote:
>> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between
>> the 2. I have a 17 inch flate screen.
>>
>> Thank for your help

Yup, use a KVM switch. That's what I'm using here.

Is there an echo in here?

"Peter C" <PeterC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the 2.
have a 17 inch flate screen.

Thank for your help

No, it's called server propagation.

Gale wrote:
> Is there an echo in here?
>
> "Peter C" <PeterC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run 2 PC`s off of one monitor, and switch between the 2.
> have a 17 inch flate screen.
>
> Thank for your help

Alias

I have this set up. Very nice.