Autoexec.nt error for 16 bit subsystem

Hi there,

I've seen the postings by Jimmy S on here and I've tried everything.

I've done the whole copy from Repair and post in System 32 thing. I've also
downloaded the autoexec.nt file from the URL he posted. It still doesn't
work!

If I go to article ID 324767 it seems to imply that the problem could be
with autoexec.nt, config.nt or command.com. The first two I am assuming I've
got ok as I've done everything there. I can only think that the problem has
to be with the command.com file. The difficulty I have is that on 324767 it
says I may need to expand it from my windows xp cd-rom. Problem is I have a
compaq and it came pre-loaded with XP at PC World (UK) and no accompanying
disks were given out.

How can I make sure that my command.com file is right or change it?

Are there any other ways of resolving the autoexec.nt problem?

Help!

Jimmy S - where are you??!!

-Steve-

Hi Steve,

They usually supply at least a restore CD which should contain
the files that Windows is looking for. If they didn't, you should
contact them right away and point out the oversight.

In the meantime, borrow a friends CD to complete the process.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms