Opening other shared files from laptop

Jan

when i open up the Broadband Network Utility on my laptop
and double click on my desktop computer, i'm not able to
open up my shared files of it. should i be able to? i
know they're shared, it's just not letting me open it...

Are you running a software firewall or ICF on the
desktop? That would block it.

What OS are you running on the computers?

no, no firewall
i'm on xp on my laptop, and ME (ugh, i know) on my
desktop, but i can connect from my desktop to my laptop,
so i don't see why doing it the other way wouldn't
work .. :(