Opening other shared files from laptop

when i open up the Broadband Network Utility on my laptop
and double click on my desktop computer, i'm not able to
open up my shared files of it. should i be able to? i
know they're shared, it's just not letting me open it...
2 answers Last reply
More about opening shared files laptop

    Are you running a software firewall or ICF on the
    desktop? That would block it.

    What OS are you running on the computers?

    no, no firewall
    i'm on xp on my laptop, and ME (ugh, i know) on my
    desktop, but i can connect from my desktop to my laptop,
    so i don't see why doing it the other way wouldn't
    work .. :(

Routers Laptops Microsoft Networking