How can I get it bacK/

Ok, I have Windows XP on an E-machine, and I've noticed when I click on *my
computer* and it is showing me the various drives in my system such as the
31/2 floppy (a), I see a pic of floppy disk in drive...dvd drive (d) I see
a pic of a dvd on top of a drive....you get my drift. Well under local disk
(c) instead of having a picture of a hard disk, I have a picture of a...well
I don't know what this is, it's the picture you get BEFORE your icons appear
as they normally would. (I hope I've explained this) Anyway, if you do
understand my problem, how can I correct this?
3 answers Last reply
More about back

    Hi Razui,

    This can be caused if there is an autorun.inf file located in the root
    of the drive.
    Click Start, click Run, type C: and click OK.
    Right-click the Autorun.inf file, and then click Delete.
    Restart your computer.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Raqui wrote:
    > Ok, I have Windows XP on an E-machine, and I've noticed
    > when I click on *my computer* and it is showing me the
    > various drives in my system such as the 31/2 floppy (a), I see a pic
    > of floppy disk in drive...dvd drive (d) I see
    > a pic of a dvd on top of a drive....you get my drift.
    > Well under local disk (c) instead of having a picture of
    > a hard disk, I have a picture of a...well I don't know
    > what this is, it's the picture you get BEFORE your icons
    > appear as they normally would. (I hope I've explained
    > this) Anyway, if you do understand my problem, how can I
    > correct this?

    I have NO idea why what you said and told me to do worked, but it did:-)
    Thank you so much Bert!

    "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    > Hi Razui,
    >
    > This can be caused if there is an autorun.inf file located in the root of
    > the drive.
    > Click Start, click Run, type C: and click OK.
    > Right-click the Autorun.inf file, and then click Delete.
    > Restart your computer.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    > http://dts-l.org/
    >
    > Raqui wrote:
    >> Ok, I have Windows XP on an E-machine, and I've noticed
    >> when I click on *my computer* and it is showing me the
    >> various drives in my system such as the 31/2 floppy (a), I see a pic of
    >> floppy disk in drive...dvd drive (d) I see
    >> a pic of a dvd on top of a drive....you get my drift.
    >> Well under local disk (c) instead of having a picture of
    >> a hard disk, I have a picture of a...well I don't know
    >> what this is, it's the picture you get BEFORE your icons
    >> appear as they normally would. (I hope I've explained
    >> this) Anyway, if you do understand my problem, how can I
    >> correct this?

    Hi

    The file may have been left over from a previous software install.
    Or.
    A physical hard disk drive on your computer may appear as a removable
    drive when you run the Wireless Network Setup Wizard in Windows XP
    Service Pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;878475

    --

    Raqui wrote:
    > I have NO idea why what you said and told me to do
    > worked, but it did:-) Thank you so much Bert!
    >

    > "Bert Kinney" <bert@NSmvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Hi Razui,
    >>
    >> This can be caused if there is an autorun.inf file
    >> located in the root of the drive.
    >> Click Start, click Run, type C: and click OK.
    >> Right-click the Autorun.inf file, and then click Delete.
    >> Restart your computer.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
    >> http://dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> Raqui wrote:
    >>> Ok, I have Windows XP on an E-machine, and I've noticed
    >>> when I click on *my computer* and it is showing me the
    >>> various drives in my system such as the 31/2 floppy
    >>> (a), I see a pic of floppy disk in drive...dvd drive
    >>> (d) I see a pic of a dvd on top of a drive....you get my drift.
    >>> Well under local disk (c) instead of having a picture of
    >>> a hard disk, I have a picture of a...well I don't know
    >>> what this is, it's the picture you get BEFORE your icons
    >>> appear as they normally would. (I hope I've explained
    >>> this) Anyway, if you do understand my problem, how can I
    >>> correct this?

Floppy Disk Windows XP