Oh dear...

Rexx Magnus wrote:
> I appear to be back in the game again.
>
> I've no idea how it happened, honest!

Wow :) It's been awhile. Well, you missed a couple of expansions, but
the new one coming up in late august looks a bit interesting.

/ZoombyWoof

> Wow :) It's been awhile. Well, you missed a couple of expansions, but
> the new one coming up in late august looks a bit interesting.

With the regular headlines on Stratics about Dev Team members leaving, will
there be anyone to de-bug & maintain the new expansion?

The crew is abandoning the ship. Wonder if we should start looking for
life-vests and other boats.

On 6 Jun 2005 14:43:45 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:

>I appear to be back in the game again.
>
>I've no idea how it happened, honest!

Welcome back Rexx

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

On 6 Jun 2005 14:43:45 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:

>I appear to be back in the game again.
>
>I've no idea how it happened, honest!

"Welcome! To the Hotel Sosaria..."
--
"For all the days of your life prepare,
And meet them ever alike.

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 04:47:22 GMT, OrionCA scrawled:

> On 6 Jun 2005 14:43:45 GMT, Rexx Magnus <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote:
>
>>I appear to be back in the game again.
>>
>>I've no idea how it happened, honest!
>
> "Welcome! To the Hotel Sosaria..."

I just knew you'd say that. :)

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

Rexx Magnus wrote:
> I appear to be back in the game again.
>
> I've no idea how it happened, honest!

I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I still
couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and
GuildWars has just been installed.

--
"Always look behind you when you hear the closing of the door ... look
hard and you will recognise ... I'm the Architect of War."

Grace, Pulling Strings And Shiny Things, 1994.

Guig wrote:
> Rexx Magnus wrote:
>
>> I appear to be back in the game again.
>>
>> I've no idea how it happened, honest!
>>

> I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I still
> couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and
> GuildWars has just been installed.

Looking for a guild for Guildwars??

--
3am is _never_ a good hour for a summoning - a moment of lost
concentration and you've got Nader instead of Nyarlathotep.

Amphetamines are not a good idea either: unsafe at any speed. - Cadbury
Moose

Guig <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in news:1118388754.7269.0@nnrp-t71-
03.news.uk.clara.net:

> Rexx Magnus wrote:
>> I appear to be back in the game again.
>>
>> I've no idea how it happened, honest!
>>

> I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I still
> couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and
> GuildWars has just been installed.

Ive been debating GuildWars. I do totally understand that advantages of
what they have done by providing personal copies of the map when you leave
town. But let me know if the grouping advantages it gives totally trashes
the ability for solo adventuring

Gandalf Parker

Magik

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2004

"Gandalf Parker" <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message
> Guig <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in news:1118388754.7269.0@nnrp-t71-
> 03.news.uk.clara.net:
>
> Ive been debating GuildWars. I do totally understand that advantages of
> what they have done by providing personal copies of the map when you leave
> town. But let me know if the grouping advantages it gives totally trashes
> the ability for solo adventuring
>
> Gandalf Parker

The "Pre-Searing" training area is pretty much all solo except for two
quests that require another person. In "post-Searing" if you don't want to
get in with a PUG (Pick-Up Group) you can always grab henchmen and go out
alone. Some stuff you can do sans party if you have the right build, but
having backup is never a bad idea. But if you are a loner it is possible to
do the entire PVE section all the way to endgame with NPC henchmen, however
some sections are a pain in the butt.

Guild Wars is a whole lot of fun and no monthly fee. Hubby gave up on UO a
while back and I haven't done much more than a weekly check-in since GW's
retail launch. I still don't quite understand how they maintain an active
dev team with no monthly income, but I'm not gonna argue with it! :)

WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>> I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I
>> still couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and
>> GuildWars has just been installed.
>>

> Looking for a guild for Guildwars??

I've joined a fledgling guild so will see how that goes.

--

"Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote in

> Guild Wars is a whole lot of fun and no monthly fee. Hubby gave up on
> UO a while back and I haven't done much more than a weekly check-in
> since GW's retail launch. I still don't quite understand how they
> maintain an active dev team with no monthly income, but I'm not gonna
> argue with it! :)

They may have gotten enough initial investment to set it up. The question
is what will happen when the servers have to be expanded or upgraded. Thats
when we find out if it was priced to survive, or priced to die off at that
point.

If we are lucky, there will be a public option by then the way that others
have.

Gandalf Parker

archeon

"Guig" <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in message
> Rexx Magnus wrote:
>> I appear to be back in the game again.
>>
>> I've no idea how it happened, honest!
>>

> I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I still
> couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and GuildWars
> has just been installed.

Not a bad game at all if you fancy a no-strings-attatched scrap...and it
looks beautiful.
Just shows how lag needn't be an issue in a mmorpg, even with tasty
graphics.

Archeon

archeon

> "Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote in
>
>> Guild Wars is a whole lot of fun and no monthly fee. Hubby gave up on
>> UO a while back and I haven't done much more than a weekly check-in
>> since GW's retail launch. I still don't quite understand how they
>> maintain an active dev team with no monthly income, but I'm not gonna
>> argue with it! :)
>
> They may have gotten enough initial investment to set it up. The question
> is what will happen when the servers have to be expanded or upgraded.
> Thats
> when we find out if it was priced to survive, or priced to die off at that
> point.
>
> If we are lucky, there will be a public option by then the way that others
> have.

They plan to release further chapters, priced as the initial game package,
to extend the game world, and pay for the dev costs presumably. You will
still be able to play just the basic game if you choose not to upgrade
further.

Archeon

Archeon wrote:
> "Gandalf Parker" <gandalf@most.of.my.favorite.sites> wrote in message
>
>>"Magik" <magik87@putercom.org> wrote in
>>

>>>Guild Wars is a whole lot of fun and no monthly fee. Hubby gave up on
>>>UO a while back and I haven't done much more than a weekly check-in
>>>since GW's retail launch. I still don't quite understand how they
>>>maintain an active dev team with no monthly income, but I'm not gonna
>>>argue with it! :)
>>
>>They may have gotten enough initial investment to set it up. The question
>>is what will happen when the servers have to be expanded or upgraded.
>>Thats
>>when we find out if it was priced to survive, or priced to die off at that
>>point.
>>
>>If we are lucky, there will be a public option by then the way that others
>>have.
>

> They plan to release further chapters, priced as the initial game package,
> to extend the game world, and pay for the dev costs presumably. You will
> still be able to play just the basic game if you choose not to upgrade
> further.

I've never met an expansion I've liked, in any game.

Most expansions are guns to your head, you buy them or else. They always
have perks that unbalance the game in favor of the people buying the
expansions.

Gandalf Parker wrote:
> Guig <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in news:1118388754.7269.0@nnrp-t71-
> 03.news.uk.clara.net:
>

>>Rexx Magnus wrote:
>>
>>>I appear to be back in the game again.
>>>
>>>I've no idea how it happened, honest!
>>>

>>I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I still
>>couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and
>>GuildWars has just been installed.
>

> Ive been debating GuildWars. I do totally understand that advantages of
> what they have done by providing personal copies of the map when you leave
> town. But let me know if the grouping advantages it gives totally trashes
> the ability for solo adventuring
>
> Gandalf Parker

I don't have the game. I may try it soon, but I am a member of a
game clan amd some of the guys that play started a guild for the game.
If you want to ask them their opinions and questions, goto
www.shamikaserver.com and goto forums and then to RPG Gaming under the
heading of ShamikaServer Gaming. Better yet heres a link to the RPG and
Guildwars forum and OFG guild.

http://shamikaserver.com/ssforums/forumdisplay.php?f=40

--

"WindsorFox[SS]" <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote in

> Gandalf Parker wrote:
>>
>> Ive been debating GuildWars. I do totally understand that advantages
>> of what they have done by providing personal copies of the map when
>> you leave town. But let me know if the grouping advantages it gives
>> totally trashes the ability for solo adventuring
>
> I don't have the game. I may try it soon, but I am a member of a
> game clan amd some of the guys that play started a guild for the game.
> If you want to ask them their opinions and questions, goto
> www.shamikaserver.com and goto forums and then to RPG Gaming under the
> heading of ShamikaServer Gaming. Better yet heres a link to the RPG
> and Guildwars forum and OFG guild.

Thanks for that. But guilds is what Im looking to avoid. Any time I ask a
guild I get a pitch about how I should join a guild :)

I should probably just google for some conversations and find any higher-
level solo players if such a thing exists in GuildWars

Gandalf Parker

> WindsorFox[SS] wrote:
>>> I nearly tried it again with the UO Gold download then realised I still
>>> couldn't be arsed, currently giving Anarchy Online a re-run and
>>> GuildWars has just been installed.
>>>

>> Looking for a guild for Guildwars??
>
> I've joined a fledgling guild so will see how that goes.
>
> --
> "Always look behind you when you hear the closing of the door ... look
> hard and you will recognise ... I'm the Architect of War."
>
> Grace, Pulling Strings And Shiny Things, 1994.

Word of warning, don't join Windsor's guild. this guy came here bragging on
how to con vet players by impersonating a noob in UO. He took some guys
1million dollar check, several mounts and a lot of wasted time on his part
by rolling a female toon and bank spamming.. "how do i recall"

I hear he does the same tricks in guild wars as well.

As the usual norm he will come back with this post and retort with calling
me a troll..but you will quickly see how he won't deny what I have said.
Check google under his name and you will see.

Remember just because he posts here does not make him a SCAMMER.

Ice

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:11:18 -0500, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

>"Guig" <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Looking for a guild for Guildwars??
>>
>> I've joined a fledgling guild so will see how that goes.
>>
>> --
>> "Always look behind you when you hear the closing of the door ... look
>> hard and you will recognise ... I'm the Architect of War."
>>
>> Grace, Pulling Strings And Shiny Things, 1994.
>
>Word of warning, don't join Windsor's guild. this guy came here bragging on
>how to con vet players by impersonating a noob in UO. He took some guys
>1million dollar check, several mounts and a lot of wasted time on his part
>by rolling a female toon and bank spamming.. "how do i recall"
>
>I hear he does the same tricks in guild wars as well.
>
>As the usual norm he will come back with this post and retort with calling
>me a troll..but you will quickly see how he won't deny what I have said.
>Check google under his name and you will see.
>
>Remember just because he posts here does not make him a SCAMMER.

He does not need to come back and call you a troll, because I am
going to.

Get lost Troll,

Ice

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:11:18 -0500, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:

>"Guig" <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Looking for a guild for Guildwars??
>>
>> I've joined a fledgling guild so will see how that goes.
>>
>> --
>> "Always look behind you when you hear the closing of the door ... look
>> hard and you will recognise ... I'm the Architect of War."
>>
>> Grace, Pulling Strings And Shiny Things, 1994.

<idiocy snipped>

God what a bore you are. Have the other people you stalk all stopped
posting or something?

Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 18:06:45 -0400, Reg LeCrisp <x@x.x> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:11:18 -0500, "Reg LeCrisp" <x@x.x> wrote:
>

>>"Guig" <yerawsittin@hame> wrote in message

>>> I've joined a fledgling guild so will see how that goes.
>>>
>>> --
>>> "Always look behind you when you hear the closing of the door ... look
>>> hard and you will recognise ... I'm the Architect of War."
>>>
>>> Grace, Pulling Strings And Shiny Things, 1994.
>>

><idiocy snipped>
>
>God what a bore you are. Have the other people you stalk all stopped
>posting or something?
>
>Reg LeCrisp - Atlantic

I love NewsProxy. I never see posts from "Reg LeCrisp" unless they're
also posted from Sympatico's news servers - ie., I only see the real
deal.
--

"OrionCA" <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> I love NewsProxy. I never see posts from "Reg LeCrisp" unless they're
> also posted from Sympatico's news servers - ie., I only see the real
> deal.

Thanks for sharing, I will make sure I set that up. Where do I get
newsproxy?

OrionCA wrote:

> I love NewsProxy. I never see posts from "Reg LeCrisp" unless they're
> also posted from Sympatico's news servers - ie., I only see the real
> deal.
> --
> "For all the days of your life prepare,
> And meet them ever alike.
> When you are the anvil bear,
> And when the hammer strike."

Does that have to be used with Hamster or will it work alone? I
read a few groups thatsometimes get hit with floods and such and
Thunderbird just won't cut it.

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 02:19:52 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>OrionCA wrote:
>

>> I love NewsProxy. I never see posts from "Reg LeCrisp" unless they're
>> also posted from Sympatico's news servers - ie., I only see the real
>> deal.
>
> Does that have to be used with Hamster or will it work alone? I
>read a few groups thatsometimes get hit with floods and such and
>Thunderbird just won't cut it.

Works with most news readers. Tell Newsproxy to pull news from your
news server on port 119 and point Thunderbird to "localhost" instead.
Newsproxy will pull the headers and pre-filter on any rules you set
up. Mostly useful on crosspost trolls but can filter forgers based on
the Message ID field, which is fairly hard to forge.
--

OrionCA wrote:

> Works with most news readers. Tell Newsproxy to pull news from your
> news server on port 119 and point Thunderbird to "localhost" instead.
> Newsproxy will pull the headers and pre-filter on any rules you set
> up. Mostly useful on crosspost trolls but can filter forgers based on
> the Message ID field, which is fairly hard to forge.

Perfect. Three ultimate idiots that fit your description of "cross
posting" trolls have hit the Mustang group. I havn't seen Vince around
in either group for a while but I'm sure he's familiar with the idiots
to which I refer. One jackass is posting the filthiest, nastiest things
about a few of the regulars and posting peoples unmunged email addresses
to Usenet. Personally I think that is death penalty territory, but
apparently Telus comm thinks it's just dandy even though it seriously
violated both the group charter and their AUP. The worst part is that
the regulars just absolutely refuse to ignore tham. Makes you wanna
smack em in the head.