Islander

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2004

On boot, the monitor showed huge rectangles of color, sometimes from 30
seconds to 1 minute. I removed all viruses and spyware. Other problerms
required me to replace the hard drive. Now thw PC boots but with a 2 to 10
second display of rectangular colors. When the hard drive was replaced, the
scans run by the dealer showed no other problems except the hard drive.
I will appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
Islander

"Islander" <Islander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On boot, the monitor showed huge rectangles of color, sometimes from 30
> seconds to 1 minute. I removed all viruses and spyware. Other problerms
> required me to replace the hard drive. Now thw PC boots but with a 2 to
> 10
> second display of rectangular colors. When the hard drive was replaced,
> the
> scans run by the dealer showed no other problems except the hard drive.
> I will appreciate any suggestions.
> Thanks
> Islander

1. is the frequency set correct - 60 Hertz is typical for LCD monitors
2. do you have the correct monitor driver installed

rgds
Li'l Roberto

Islander

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2004

The retailer is sending the monitor back to Hyundai.
Thanks