"Run" command and naughty web addresses!!

When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a list of
websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some of those
websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How do I get those
items deleted from that list?
8 answers Last reply
More about command naughty addresses

    Rick with egg on his face wrote:
    > When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a list of
    > websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some of those
    > websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How do I get those
    > items deleted from that list?

    Ask your IT department for assistance, as the computer apparently
    belongs to your employer.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Rick with egg on his face wrote:
    > When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a
    > list of websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some
    > of those websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How
    > do I get those items deleted from that list?

    Something I learned here in this newsgroup. Try this website,

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/

    You can remove almost anything with this freeware program. It is very good.
    Please donate.

    (I have no connection with the author - I will probably donate soon!!)

    John.

    I ought to donate too! It's a *good* program! :-)

    Donation counter: $78 since 03/2002 (net result after merchant processing
    fee).
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/donate.html

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Aj1qe.5767$K5.4518@newsfe4-win.ntli.net,
    Bioboffin <Reply_to_Group_please@zzz.invalid> hunted and pecked:
    > Rick with egg on his face wrote:
    >> When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a
    >> list of websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some
    >> of those websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How
    >> do I get those items deleted from that list?
    >
    > Something I learned here in this newsgroup. Try this website,
    >
    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~mp2004/
    >
    > You can remove almost anything with this freeware program. It is very
    > good. Please donate.
    >
    > (I have no connection with the author - I will probably donate soon!!)
    >
    > John.

    Clear your internet history.

    "Rick with egg on his face" <Rick with egg on his face@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98EB6E21-A1BF-40EE-AA70-793BAD09A41F@microsoft.com...
    > When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a list of
    > websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some of those
    > websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How do I get those
    > items deleted from that list?

    That did not work. Any other suggestions?

    "David Candy" wrote:

    > Clear your internet history.

    > "Rick with egg on his face" <Rick with egg on his face@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98EB6E21-A1BF-40EE-AA70-793BAD09A41F@microsoft.com...
    > > When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a list of
    > > websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some of those
    > > websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How do I get those
    > > items deleted from that list?

    Should have worked. (Right click IE icon|properties|clear history) Then when
    you go to the run box and type // nothing should appear.

    > That did not work. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >
    >> Clear your internet history.
    >>
    >> --
    >> http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    >> "Rick with egg on his face" <Rick with egg on his
    >> face@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a list
    >> > of
    >> > websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some of those
    >> > websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How do I get
    >> > those
    >> > items deleted from that list?

    R-click Start button, Properties, Start Menu, Customize, Clear

    Rick with egg on his face wrote:

    > That did not work. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > "David Candy" wrote:
    >

    >>Clear your internet history.
    >>
    >>--
    >>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    >>=================================================
    >>"Rick with egg on his face" <Rick with egg on his face@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98EB6E21-A1BF-40EE-AA70-793BAD09A41F@microsoft.com...
    >>
    >>>When I hit the Start then Run button and then type in "//" I get a list of
    >>>websites that I have visited. Knowledge of my visits to some of those
    >>>websites would not sit well with my IT administrators. How do I get those
    >>>items deleted from that list?

    Don't worry, there are other logs and history tracks if you're on a
    Domain or Corporate network. Just clearing the History on your
    PC is the least of your worries. Along with eMail monitoring most
    all larger company networks employ other means of monitoring
    employee browsing habits. They tolerate "Some" abuse, but there
    is certain content that is most definitely a dismissible offense.
    Be Careful - Jobs today are fairly hard to find and keep.

    > R-click Start button, Properties, Start Menu, Customize, Clear
    >
    > Rick with egg on his face wrote:
    >
    >> That did not work. Any other suggestions?
    >>
    >> "David Candy" wrote:
    >>

    >>>Clear your internet history.
    >>>--
    >>>http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
    >>>"Rick with egg on his face" <Rick with egg on his
    >>>face@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP