Without resorting to a golem...

what are some of the fast ways of training swords skill past 100?

Normally, I just alternate between Earth Eles and Demons but gains seem
slow lately so I was wondering if there was some newer monsters might give
better gains. Anyone know?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > what are some of the fast ways of training swords skill past 100?
    >
    > Normally, I just alternate between Earth Eles and Demons but gains seem
    > slow lately so I was wondering if there was some newer monsters might give
    > better gains. Anyone know?

    Ogre Lords will get you all the way to 120 if you want.

    /ZW
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:29:35 +0200, ZoombyWoof
    <zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >Michael Cecil wrote:
    >> what are some of the fast ways of training swords skill past 100?
    >>
    >> Normally, I just alternate between Earth Eles and Demons but gains seem
    >> slow lately so I was wondering if there was some newer monsters might give
    >> better gains. Anyone know?
    >>
    >Ogre Lords will get you all the way to 120 if you want.

    Use a butcher knife and have lots of bandages handy.
    --
    "For all the days of your life prepare,
    And meet them ever alike.

    On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:51:42 GMT, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:29:35 +0200, ZoombyWoof
    ><zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Michael Cecil wrote:
    >>> what are some of the fast ways of training swords skill past 100?
    >>>
    >>> Normally, I just alternate between Earth Eles and Demons but gains seem
    >>> slow lately so I was wondering if there was some newer monsters might give
    >>> better gains. Anyone know?
    >>>
    >>Ogre Lords will get you all the way to 120 if you want.

    Hmmmm. Haven't fought those in a while. Sounds fun.

    >Use a butcher knife and have lots of bandages handy.

    Of course.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:
    > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:51:42 GMT, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >

    >>On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:29:35 +0200, ZoombyWoof
    >><zoombywoofremove@thishotmail.com> wrote:

    >>>Ogre Lords will get you all the way to 120 if you want.
    >

    > Hmmmm. Haven't fought those in a while. Sounds fun.
    >

    >>Use a butcher knife and have lots of bandages handy.
    >

    > Of course.

    Tsuki wolf works for me, even with +50 armous, I still get killed by
    Ogre Lord from time to time, and every time I die, I had to run a long
    way to find a healer(and you can never find them when you need them), I
    also find Tsuki wolf gives me faster gain than Ogre Lord for my fencer.

    oo00oo
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    oo00oo wrote:
    > Michael Cecil wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:51:42 GMT, OrionCA <OrionCA@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >> Hmmmm. Haven't fought those in a while. Sounds fun.
    >>

    >>> Use a butcher knife and have lots of bandages handy.
    >>

    >> Of course.
    >>
    > Tsuki wolf works for me, even with +50 armous, I still get killed by
    > Ogre Lord from time to time, and every time I die, I had to run a long
    > way to find a healer(and you can never find them when you need them), I
    > also find Tsuki wolf gives me faster gain than Ogre Lord for my fencer.

    +50 armor is low unless you are a mage or archer type looking for perks
    like mana regeneration. You can get to 64 almost by accident and with
    planning exceed 70.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:33:57 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net>
    wrote:

    >+50 armor is low unless you are a mage or archer type looking for perks
    >like mana regeneration. You can get to 64 almost by accident and with
    >planning exceed 70.

    Huh, PR is limited to 70, how can you exceed that? My main armor is way
    past 70 because I can take several pieces off and still be at 70, but it
    never shows to be more than 70 with it all on.

    --
    Michael Cecil
    http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
    http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Michael Cecil wrote:

    > On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 15:33:57 GMT, Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>+50 armor is low unless you are a mage or archer type looking for perks
    >>like mana regeneration. You can get to 64 almost by accident and with
    >>planning exceed 70.
    >

    > Huh, PR is limited to 70, how can you exceed that? My main armor is way
    > past 70 because I can take several pieces off and still be at 70, but it
    > never shows to be more than 70 with it all on.

    Whoops! Make that 'make 70.'
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Rick Cortese wrote:
    > oo00oo wrote:
    >
    >> Michael Cecil wrote:

    >>> Hmmmm. Haven't fought those in a while. Sounds fun.

    >>> Of course.
    >>>
    >> Tsuki wolf works for me, even with +50 armous, I still get killed by
    >> Ogre Lord from time to time, and every time I die, I had to run a long
    >> way to find a healer(and you can never find them when you need them),
    >> I also find Tsuki wolf gives me faster gain than Ogre Lord for my fencer.
    >

    > +50 armor is low unless you are a mage or archer type looking for perks
    > like mana regeneration. You can get to 64 almost by accident and with
    > planning exceed 70.

    Crazy template on this character, Ninja Fencer without focus, anat and
    healing but with chivary and medi instead, so the more LMC the better.

    oo00oo

Training Computers Games Video Games