Rise of Nations installation error

I have Rise of Nations Gold Edition. When I try to run setup on my computer
running XP I get an error message that says:

"Setup was unable to find (or could not read) the language specific seup
reource dll, uable to continue. Please Reboot and try again"

I tried restarting the computer, and got the same message. I get the same
message if I do it with the autorun or if I try and maunally run the setup
file.

Any hints on what .dll it's not able to find or read so I can try and get
this game installed.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about rise nations installation error

    Hi Sail Racer,

    Unable to find specific language .dll - unable to continue:

    1. This behavior can occur if you do not have enough free space
    on your hard disk to install the game.

    2. This behavior can also occur if the game CD is damaged.

    3. This can also occur if a game demo didn't properly download,
    or if the consumer is attempting to use a copy of the original CD.

    RESOLUTION:

    1. Free Up Disk Space: Click My Computer / Rightclick the Drive
    & Choose Properties / Run the "Disk Cleanup..." / Next Click the
    "Tools" Tab and run both "Error-Checking" and "Defragmentation".

    2. Clean the CD and CD Drive using a Cleaning Kit, check for scratches
    on the CD, try installing the game using another CD ROM Drive, or in
    My Computer, rightclick the CD, copy it to your Hard Drive, and then
    run the setup program directly from your Hard Drive (space permitting).

    If the game installs, your most likely culprit is your CD ROM drive,
    otherwise it's the media in which case you need to contact the vendor.
    Call the MS Product Replacement Center Mon - Fri 8am -10pm ET
    in the US at: 1-(800)-360-7561, or in Canada at 1-(800) 933-4750.

    3. Exit and/or Disable any antivirus, firewall, and download accelerator
    programs which could be causing the file to incorrectly download.

    For more information visit: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192558

    --
    Cheers,
    Jimmy S.

    Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
    Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
    Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

    "sailracer21" <sailracer21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73A6E910-423C-4504-9AEC-C345B97D954E@microsoft.com...
    >I have Rise of Nations Gold Edition. When I try to run setup on my computer
    > running XP I get an error message that says:
    >
    > "Setup was unable to find (or could not read) the language specific seup
    > reource dll, uable to continue. Please Reboot and try again"
    >
    > I tried restarting the computer, and got the same message. I get the same
    > message if I do it with the autorun or if I try and maunally run the setup
    > file.
    >
    > Any hints on what .dll it's not able to find or read so I can try and get
    > this game installed.
    >
    > Thanks

Installation Error Computers Games Video Games