Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to any of the MSN
messenger sites etc through the windows firewall, or do I have to purchase
another piece of software to do this. I have nothing against Messenger I use
it myself, but my kids have turned into zombies because of it.

Help please

"rfisher" <rfisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if it is possible to block access to any of the MSN
>messenger sites etc through the windows firewall, or do I have to purchase
>another piece of software to do this. I have nothing against Messenger I use
>it myself, but my kids have turned into zombies because of it.

You could disable access to the MSN Messenger in the Control Panel >
Add and remove Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults. If running
the Professional Edition of Windows XP you could also disable
Messenger via GPEDIT.MSC.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233