Installing xp on a pre installed vista hp laptop

strikerty

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2003
I have a dv9230us i am attempting to install xp pro on . Im not sure why because i had it installed once before and working but this time i have everything working including the wireless but the wired ethernet controller will not install even tho as far as i can tell it is the same drivers for both. If anyone has run into that or has a clue about whats up i would appreciate the input
thanks

Cirick

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2008
I am just doing the same thing with my DV9000. It you have the realtek etherenet controller, they just released a new driver last month. Just went to the link and it is gone, can't find it on the realtek site. if you have the RTL8168B I have ithe driver saved to a file and can e-mail it to you.
I can't get my Windows xp pro installation to see a hard drive to install on in this laptop and there are two in this model. They are fine in the bios and when I boot into the Vista drive, but for some odd reason XP Pro doesn't find either one to install to. How did you do it?
Thanks, Ciri

PS< What does it say in the device manager about your ethernet controller, does it show at all? If so how does it show up?

cptblackeye

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
The reason XP does not see a hard drive is because the hard drive is a SATA drive and the BIOS is set up for that and XP does not have the drivers for SATA. Get into the BIOS and change the setting so it is not AHCI. Some laptops don't give you that option. I did 3 ACER Aspire 5920's and had no problem, but I recently did a HP DV6885se and you can't change this in the BIOS. It is not even an option. So I had to slipstream the SATA drivers into XP Pro. While I was at it I slipstreamed SP3 also. You can do this pretty easily with nlite. http://www.digitgeek.com/how-to-slipstream-sata-drivers-into-xp-cd/ will tell how to do the SATA drivers. http://lifehacker.com/386526/slipstream-service-pack-3-into-your-windows-xp-installation-cd will tell you how to slipstream SP3.

vjangir8

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009

stellaf

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Im not sure why because i had it installed once before and working but this time i have everything working including the wireless but the wired ethernet controller will not install even tho as far as i can tell it is the same drivers for both.

stellaf

I still think Warhammer is way better then WoW but the numbers do not seem to show it. I wonder if it is because Warhammer does not seem to be advertised as much as Warcraft.

Warhammer Gold

pastorbob

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I have a dv9230us and the HD died. I installed XP pro on a new HD and had problems with drivers. Some are on HP web site but many are not.

You must disable SATA Native support in Bios.

Also go to HP website and look up support for dv2030us. This model is very close to dv9230us and shipped with XP, so all the drivers are listed for ethernet controller, sound, modem, and everything else needed.

All devices are now recognized and my computer is up and running. By the way I installed a Seagate 5400.4 250GB HD as a replacement for the OEM.

sunil_90

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

hi

this is very easy to use configra the nlite software .and otherwise the plese call 9322 234123