hmm--a problem?

Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:40 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
>all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
>nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so

Can't say that's been my situation.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:40 GMT, vince garcia scrawled:

> Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so

Have you tried dying? I've had no problems with any of mine.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

vince garcia wrote:
> Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
I noticed that too, even at 55 resist, I am getting less or equal to 0.5
per hour in front of the reapers, dying didn't help...

oo00oo

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:40 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
>>all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
>>nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
>

> Can't say that's been my situation.

I just gone through 20 sacks of flour for my cook at 88.7 cooking,
making doughs and breads, only gain 0.1, my holiday finished in a week,
at this rate, I can't GM anything.
making poison cocktail to drink now......

oo00oo

vince garcia wrote:
> Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so

I've noticed it too. Sometimes I get none at all. Maybe it's all the
lead in the environment??? :p

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:40 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
>>all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
>>nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
>

> Can't say that's been my situation.

WTF would that do? If you don't die every once in a while you can't
gain?

--
"Network management is like trying to herd cats."
-- Unknown

"I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges?"
-- TazAmd - Humor Section Gettingtogather.com

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:49:52 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
<windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:

>Michael Cecil wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:40 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
>>>all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
>>>nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
>>

>> Can't say that's been my situation.
>>

> WTF would that do? If you don't die every once in a while you can't
>gain?

Huh? Die? I didn't say anything about that. Maybe you're confusedly
replying to the wrong post.

Getting yourself killed (drinking a strong poison near a shrine was my
method) used to be a way to unstick your skills or stats if they didn't
want to increase. I remember doing it in 1998 when a new char could not
raise str past 58 at all for weeks of regular gameplay.

--

Michael Cecil wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:49:52 -0500, "WindsorFox[SS]"
> <windsorfoxNO@SPAMcox.net> wrote:
>

>>Michael Cecil wrote:

>>>Can't say that's been my situation.
>>>

>> WTF would that do? If you don't die every once in a while you can't
>>gain?
>

> Huh? Die? I didn't say anything about that. Maybe you're confusedly
> replying to the wrong post.
>
> Getting yourself killed (drinking a strong poison near a shrine was my
> method) used to be a way to unstick your skills or stats if they didn't
> want to increase. I remember doing it in 1998 when a new char could not
> raise str past 58 at all for weeks of regular gameplay.

Used to do that with my tamers too, m......poison cocktails from Moe's
Don't think it works now, at least not for my new mage's magery, still
at 92.7, for 3 days now, casting enough EQ and FS to bring down
Blackthron's castle now...
But I noticed after I came back into the game, the first week was like
honeymoon period, I GMed my fencer's resist from 98.6 in 2 days without
using cap lock trick, just killing reapors and litchlords.

oo00oo

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Huh? Die? I didn't say anything about that. Maybe you're confusedly
> replying to the wrong post.

I agree, Windsor can be a doofus sometimes.

Reg LeCrisp-Atlantic

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:49:52 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:

>> Can't say that's been my situation.
>>

> WTF would that do? If you don't die every once in a while you can't
> gain?

You've replied to the wrong post...

It used to be a commonly known fact that if you got skills that suddenly
refused to gain, dying would often unstick them. For what reason, nobody
knows.

I find that it still seems to work even now. Of course, just banging at it
will eventually see gains increasing again, but dying just sometimes gives
it the kick up the arse that it needs.

--
http://www.rexx.co.uk

To email me, visit the site.

"Rexx Magnus" <trashcan@uk2.net> wrote in message

> It used to be a commonly known fact that if you got skills that suddenly
> refused to gain, dying would often unstick them. For what reason, nobody
> knows.

As much fact when I blew two farts in succession and noticed my taming skill
go up.

Reg LeCrisp-Atlantic

Rexx Magnus wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 04:49:52 GMT, WindsorFox[SS] scrawled:
>

>>>Can't say that's been my situation.
>>>

>> WTF would that do? If you don't die every once in a while you can't
>>gain?
>>

> You've replied to the wrong post...
>
> It used to be a commonly known fact that if you got skills that suddenly
> refused to gain, dying would often unstick them. For what reason, nobody
> knows.
>
> I find that it still seems to work even now. Of course, just banging at it
> will eventually see gains increasing again, but dying just sometimes gives
> it the kick up the arse that it needs.

No one knows but the rumor was resurection at a shrine was run by a
script that somehow reset the skills correctly as it set them to your
naked states.

I've only had one character seriously munged in all my time playing. It
was something silly like 120 parry before they raised the skill cap.
Called a GM and it got fixed.

Rexx Magnus wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:16:40 GMT, vince garcia scrawled:
>
> > Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> > all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> > nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
> >

> Have you tried dying? I've had no problems with any of mine.
>
> --
> http://www.rexx.co.uk
>
> To email me, visit the site.

Yeah, that didn't help. In fact, last night i fought, voked and healed
for like 2 hrs and got no gains. Then i took out a 300-pt character
w/like 6% macing skill, and I killed a few sheep and cows, getting
nothing but a .1 in anatomy. There definitely seems to be a nerf so far
as skill gains goes...

> Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so

I've had no problems gaining skill latelly. Went from 0-110 Parry in under
48 hours. Jeholm Pits are great. And no. No unattended macroing.

Sticky_314

Sticky_314 wrote:

> > Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> > all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> > nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
>
> I've had no problems gaining skill latelly. Went from 0-110 Parry in under
> 48 hours. Jeholm Pits are great. And no. No unattended macroing.
>
> Sticky_314

maybe it's just certain shards like legends. Yesterday had the same
problem--no gains in anything on any charcter

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:36:54 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
wrote:

>Sticky_314 wrote:
>>
>> > Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
>> > all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
>> > nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so
>>
>> I've had no problems gaining skill latelly. Went from 0-110 Parry in under
>> 48 hours. Jeholm Pits are great. And no. No unattended macroing.
>>
>> Sticky_314
>
>maybe it's just certain shards like legends. Yesterday had the same
>problem--no gains in anything on any charcter

Well, you did see the new monthly charge, right? You have to sign up for
it separately. It's under Account Management > Allow Characters to Gain
Skills. Only $59.95 a year!

/oops. Giving EA ideas.

--

Michael Cecil wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:36:54 GMT, vince garcia <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:

> >> I've had no problems gaining skill latelly. Went from 0-110 Parry in under
> >> 48 hours. Jeholm Pits are great. And no. No unattended macroing.
> >>
> >> Sticky_314
> >
> >maybe it's just certain shards like legends. Yesterday had the same
> >problem--no gains in anything on any charcter
>
> Well, you did see the new monthly charge, right? You have to sign up for
> it separately. It's under Account Management > Allow Characters to Gain
> Skills. Only $59.95 a year!
>
> /oops. Giving EA ideas.
>
> --
> Michael Cecil
> http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/
> http://home.comcast.net/~safehex/

lol--yeah, don't give them ideas!

"vince garcia" <vggarciaxx@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone other than me noticed a lack of skill gain lately? Seems like
> all my characters, who were gaining their .1s a day, are now gaining
> nothing. It's bene like this for a week or so

I have no problem with my three chacters practicing their 10 skills.
Normally I got my 0.1 skill point gain from the first try every morning. It
only takes about 5 minutes or less every morning.

looks like things have changed. since the patch 2 days ago, my PCs are
gaining again :)