Deleting Installation History???

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

I recently re-installed my Windows XP. I reinstalled all updates but had
errors and eventually was able to install them. My main question is how can I
delete my installation history log. I used to be able to do it but now I
believe it's under another file. Can anyone help?

Ken wrote:

> I recently re-installed my Windows XP. I reinstalled all updates but had
> errors and eventually was able to install them. My main question is how can I
> delete my installation history log. I used to be able to do it but now I
> believe it's under another file. Can anyone help?
Hi,

If you mean Windows Updates History listing, you need to delete the
DataStore folder located here:

%windir%\SoftwareDistribution\
(%windir% is typically C:\Windows)

You can use the procedure described here:

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=11&ln=en

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

ken

Distinguished