Curser will not dissapear while typing

Just reciently I reformated my computer to clean it up. For some reason now,
about a month later, when I start typing in an applicaiton, my curser will
not dissapear, which then while I am typing on one line, it will then jump to
the line that the curser is resting on. This then cause problems when I am
typing. I am using a Labtop with a touch screen mouse and also a small
portalbe usb mouse. While I am typing, the touch screen is not being touched.
I have my mouse contorls in the control file set to have my curser dissapear
while I am typing. Any help would be great. I hate typing 6 words and then my
curser jumps to another line and contiues typing there...

Thank you,
Delaney Farmer

System Info:
Dell 5100 Inspiron
Windows XP Home Edition
Radioshack small portable USB mouse. (issue still occurs if I unplug it)..

Malke

webdelaney wrote:

> Just reciently I reformated my computer to clean it up. For some
> reason now, about a month later, when I start typing in an
> applicaiton, my curser will not dissapear, which then while I am
> typing on one line, it will then jump to the line that the curser is
> resting on. This then cause problems when I am typing. I am using a
> Labtop with a touch screen mouse and also a small portalbe usb mouse.
> While I am typing, the touch screen is not being touched. I have my
> mouse contorls in the control file set to have my curser dissapear
> while I am typing. Any help would be great. I hate typing 6 words and
> then my curser jumps to another line and contiues typing there...
>
> Thank you,
> Delaney Farmer
>

> System Info:
> Dell 5100 Inspiron
> Windows XP Home Edition
> Radioshack small portable USB mouse. (issue still occurs if I unplug
> it)..

You need to go to Dell's tech support website for your specific model
laptop. Then download all the drivers and special laptop software that
Dell has. Install the drivers and software in the order that Dell
recommends. Search on their tech support site if you are unsure of the
correct order. Information on reinstalling Windows came with my
Inspiron, and I'm sure it is available for yours.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Stephen

webdelaney wrote:
>> Just reciently I reformated my computer to clean it up. For some
>> reason now, about a month later, when I start typing in an
>> applicaiton, my curser will not dissapear, which then while I am
>> typing on one line, it will then jump to the line that the curser is
>> resting on. This then cause problems when I am typing. I am using a
>> Labtop with a touch screen mouse and also a small portalbe usb
>> mouse. While I am typing, the touch screen is not being touched. I
>> have my mouse contorls in the control file set to have my curser
>> dissapear while I am typing. Any help would be great. I hate typing
>> 6 words and then my curser jumps to another line and contiues typing
>> there...
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Delaney Farmer
>>

>> System Info:
>> Dell 5100 Inspiron
>> Windows XP Home Edition
>> Radioshack small portable USB mouse. (issue still occurs if I unplug
>> it)..

If Control Panel is in Classic view:

Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options tab > clear the "Hide
pointer while typing" checkbox

If Control Panel is in Category View:

Start > Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse > Pointer
Options tab > clear the "Hide pointer while typing" checkbox

Already did that. Unfortunatlly didnt work.

Thanks for the reply..

~Delaney

"Stephen" wrote:

> webdelaney wrote:
> >> Just reciently I reformated my computer to clean it up. For some
> >> reason now, about a month later, when I start typing in an
> >> applicaiton, my curser will not dissapear, which then while I am
> >> typing on one line, it will then jump to the line that the curser is
> >> resting on. This then cause problems when I am typing. I am using a
> >> Labtop with a touch screen mouse and also a small portalbe usb
> >> mouse. While I am typing, the touch screen is not being touched. I
> >> have my mouse contorls in the control file set to have my curser
> >> dissapear while I am typing. Any help would be great. I hate typing
> >> 6 words and then my curser jumps to another line and contiues typing
> >> there...
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Delaney Farmer
> >>

> >> System Info:
> >> Dell 5100 Inspiron
> >> Windows XP Home Edition
> >> Radioshack small portable USB mouse. (issue still occurs if I unplug
> >> it)..
>
> If Control Panel is in Classic view:
>
> Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options tab > clear the "Hide
> pointer while typing" checkbox
>
> If Control Panel is in Category View:
>
> Start > Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Mouse > Pointer
> Options tab > clear the "Hide pointer while typing" checkbox

TRENDING THREADS