Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ive just reloaded Windows XP home to my computer, after having problems with
it, the original problem has now gone, but now Im left with a new one.....Can
someone please tell me how to speed up the page scrolling when Im on the
internet, because at the moment, when I try to scroll down a web page, it
takes absolutely ages, its not a smooth, fast scroll like it used to be, now
its juddering, slow scroll, which puts you off surfing the web, Can anyone
help? PLEASE!!!?

Update your video card drivers.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

kelly

start, control panel, mouse properties. check the wheel thing, set how many
notches you want to scroll at a time.

"Dan" wrote:

> Ive just reloaded Windows XP home to my computer, after having problems with
> it, the original problem has now gone, but now Im left with a new one.....Can
> someone please tell me how to speed up the page scrolling when Im on the
> internet, because at the moment, when I try to scroll down a web page, it
> takes absolutely ages, its not a smooth, fast scroll like it used to be, now
> its juddering, slow scroll, which puts you off surfing the web, Can anyone
> help? PLEASE!!!?

Malke

Kelly wrote:

> start, control panel, mouse properties. check the wheel thing, set how
> many notches you want to scroll at a time.
>
> "Dan" wrote:
>
>> Ive just reloaded Windows XP home to my computer, after having
>> problems with it, the original problem has now gone, but now Im left
>> with a new one.....Can someone please tell me how to speed up the
>> page scrolling when Im on the internet, because at the moment, when I
>> try to scroll down a web page, it takes absolutely ages, its not a
>> smooth, fast scroll like it used to be, now its juddering, slow
>> scroll, which puts you off surfing the web, Can anyone help?
>> PLEASE!!!?

The OP's problem has nothing to do with how many "notches" he has his
mouse set to scroll. An imaginative answer, but completely inaccurate.
As Mr. Gibson said, Dan needs to update/reinstall his video card
drivers. He should get the drivers from the device mftr.'s website OR
if he has an OEM machine (Dell, Sony, eMachines, etc.) from the OEM's
website for his specific model machine.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

*Grin*

What's with all this Mr. Gibson stuff? You'd better be careful, or you'll
make me sound mature and intelligent next.

Matt Gibson - GSEC

Malke

Matt Gibson wrote:

> *Grin*
>
> What's with all this Mr. Gibson stuff? You'd better be careful, or
> you'll make me sound mature and intelligent next.
>
> Matt Gibson - GSEC

Hee hee. You are! But OK, I'll call you "Matt". ;-)

Best regards,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Stephen

Malke wrote:
>> Kelly wrote:
>>
>>> start, control panel, mouse properties. check the wheel thing, set
>>> how many notches you want to scroll at a time.

>> The OP's problem has nothing to do with how many "notches" he has his
>> mouse set to scroll. An imaginative answer, but completely
>> inaccurate. As Mr. Gibson said, Dan needs to update/reinstall his
>> video card drivers. He should get the drivers from the device
>> mftr.'s website OR if he has an OEM machine (Dell, Sony, eMachines,
>> etc.) from the OEM's website for his specific model machine.
>>
>> Malke
>> --
>> Elephant Boy Computers
>> www.elephantboycomputers.com
>> "Don't Panic!"
>> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Well, before he goes to "update/reinstall his video card drivers", shouldn't
he check and make sure his hardware acceleration is set to full?

Right-click on Desktop > select Properties Settings tab > Advanced button >
Troubleshoot tab > make sure "Hardware acceleration" slider is set to Full

Malke

Stephen wrote:

> Well, before he goes to "update/reinstall his video card drivers",
> shouldn't he check and make sure his hardware acceleration is set to
> full?
>
> Right-click on Desktop > select Properties Settings tab > Advanced
> button > Troubleshoot tab > make sure "Hardware acceleration" slider
> is set to Full

No, actually the first troubleshooting step would be to check the
drivers because this is *usually* the issue. If the hardware is sound
and the drivers are right, you usually never have to mess with the
hardware acceleration slider. I've only had to change the hardware
acceleration on very old machines. I'm not saying you would *never* do
it on a modern machine; just that it isn't the first step.

Malke