MMPOG Numbers?

Is there anyone maintaining a site that has subscriber numbers? WoW is
claiming 2 million active accounts but I haven't seen any other numbers
other then the back calculated one for UO months ago.
3 answers Last reply
More about mmpog numbers
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    2/3 of the subscribers are in Japan. that should tell you something about
    UO. UO will always make money for EA. Only a few servers online compared
    to other games mean less resources needed to keep servers up. 10 year old
    graphics, etc etc.

    "Rick Cortese" <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > Is there anyone maintaining a site that has subscriber numbers? WoW is
    > claiming 2 million active accounts but I haven't seen any other numbers
    > other then the back calculated one for UO months ago.
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in news:AFjFe.4972$Uk3.162
    @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > Is there anyone maintaining a site that has subscriber numbers? WoW is
    > claiming 2 million active accounts but I haven't seen any other numbers
    > other then the back calculated one for UO months ago.

    PriceWaterhouseCoopers report was just released. Thats one of the insider
    statistics groups that companies buy their market analysis from. The
    impartial 3rd party that creates the magic numbers that are used to guide
    companies into their next project.

    But for something abit more understandable, this guys charts are often
    used in magazines. I think this might be what you want...

    http://www.mmogchart.com
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart1.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart2.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart3.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart4.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart5.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart6.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html
    http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart8.html

    Gandalf Parker

    -- Stop playing games and get a job?
    You dont understand, games are my job.
    (envy me)
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.computer.ultima.online (More info?)

    Gandalf Parker wrote:
    > Rick Cortese <ricortes@earthlink.net> wrote in news:AFjFe.4972$Uk3.162
    > @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:
    >

    >>Is there anyone maintaining a site that has subscriber numbers? WoW is
    >>claiming 2 million active accounts but I haven't seen any other numbers
    >>other then the back calculated one for UO months ago.
    >

    > PriceWaterhouseCoopers report was just released. Thats one of the insider
    > statistics groups that companies buy their market analysis from. The
    > impartial 3rd party that creates the magic numbers that are used to guide
    > companies into their next project.
    >
    > But for something abit more understandable, this guys charts are often
    > used in magazines. I think this might be what you want...
    >
    > http://www.mmogchart.com
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart1.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart2.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart3.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart4.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart5.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart6.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart7.html
    > http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart8.html

    Thanks, that's what I wanted to see.

World Of Warcraft Computers Games Video Games