Shortcut Properties, no window size option

Shortcuts I have sent to my desktop from web sites have no option for window
size in their properties. Shortcuts to programs do have that option in their
properties. How can I make IE open Full Window from a desktop shortcut to a
web site? Thanks for any help!
--
MarcyLV

MarcyLV <MarcyLV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Shortcuts I have sent to my desktop from web sites have no option for
> window size in their properties. Shortcuts to programs do have that
> option in their properties. How can I make IE open Full Window from a
> desktop shortcut to a web site? Thanks for any help!

Start IE via web shortcut, drag the window with the mouse to maximum size
(do *not* use the maximize button), hold down the <Ctrl> key and close
the window via the "X" button (upper right in the caption bar). Next
time you start IE via shortcut, the window should have the desired size.

--
d-d

Thank you! It was an aggravating little quirk. I just got a pc with WindowsXP
and am used to Win98. Never had this problem with 98. Seems like it
remembered last opened window size.
--
MarcyLV

"Detlev Dreyer" wrote:

> MarcyLV <MarcyLV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Shortcuts I have sent to my desktop from web sites have no option for
> > window size in their properties. Shortcuts to programs do have that
> > option in their properties. How can I make IE open Full Window from a
> > desktop shortcut to a web site? Thanks for any help!
>
> Start IE via web shortcut, drag the window with the mouse to maximum size
> (do *not* use the maximize button), hold down the <Ctrl> key and close
> the window via the "X" button (upper right in the caption bar). Next
> time you start IE via shortcut, the window should have the desired size.
>
> --
> d-d

MarcyLV <MarcyLV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Thank you! It was an aggravating little quirk. I just got a pc with
> WindowsXP and am used to Win98. Never had this problem with 98. Seems
> like it remembered last opened window size.

You're certainly welcome. BTW, this 'little quirk' was working under
Win98 also when IE didn't remember the last opened window size:
http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=3B16475D.A2D59A14@consultant.com

--
d-d