Can't access my shared folders

Simon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2001

Hi,

I created a group using the "setup a home or small office network".
My 2 XP pro machines are connected properly, they can ping each others. But
I cannot access any folders.

If I share a folder and I give full permission to everyone, but my laptop
still cannot access it.
The error I get is "xxx\yy is not accessible. You might not have permission
to use this network resource".

Even if I try to connect as the administrator of the other computer it still
does not allow me to.

What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

Malke

simon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a group using the "setup a home or small office network".
> My 2 XP pro machines are connected properly, they can ping each
> others. But I cannot access any folders.
>
> If I share a folder and I give full permission to everyone, but my
> laptop still cannot access it.
> The error I get is "xxx\yy is not accessible. You might not have
> permission to use this network resource".
>
> Even if I try to connect as the administrator of the other computer it
> still does not allow me to.
>
> What am I doing wrong here?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Simon

It sounds like you have a firewall misconfigured. Here is a link to an
excellent network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the
time to go through it carefully and it will pinpoint the problem
area(s):

http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

Malke
--