Can't access my shared folders

Hi,

I created a group using the "setup a home or small office network".
My 2 XP pro machines are connected properly, they can ping each others. But
I cannot access any folders.

If I share a folder and I give full permission to everyone, but my laptop
still cannot access it.
The error I get is "xxx\yy is not accessible. You might not have permission
to use this network resource".

Even if I try to connect as the administrator of the other computer it still
does not allow me to.

What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon
1 answer Last reply
More about access shared folders

    simon wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I created a group using the "setup a home or small office network".
    > My 2 XP pro machines are connected properly, they can ping each
    > others. But I cannot access any folders.
    >
    > If I share a folder and I give full permission to everyone, but my
    > laptop still cannot access it.
    > The error I get is "xxx\yy is not accessible. You might not have
    > permission to use this network resource".
    >
    > Even if I try to connect as the administrator of the other computer it
    > still does not allow me to.
    >
    > What am I doing wrong here?
    >
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > Simon

    It sounds like you have a firewall misconfigured. Here is a link to an
    excellent network troubleshooter by MVP Hans-Georg Michna. Take the
    time to go through it carefully and it will pinpoint the problem
    area(s):

    http://www.michna.com/kb/wxnet.htm

    Malke
    --